Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

teaser photo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will have 9" of ground clearance and with the air suspension it can probably go up to 12". So it will be great in dirt and snow, but there is no chance of rock crawling in this thing.

Looking at the Jeep Grand Cherokee which uses the same Continental AG Air Suspension as the Model X I would guess that the Model X has 7.5" of ground clearance as a standard with the ability to go up to 8.8" for snow etc and 10.1" under low speed applications. It would also lower to 7" on the highway and down to 6.2" when parked.

Just curious, you state that as a fact...was it announced somewhere? The reason I ask is that if the *X* is based on the *S* platform/chassis how do they adjust to start it out 50% higher? (Note that I am clearly not an engineer!)

Everything is a guess. 9" was significantly off the mark. Which was why I came back and said "I would guess that the Model X has 7.5" of ground clearance." It has not been announced anywhere that I know of. I was doing my (second) guessing based on what the Grand Cherokee can do since they use the same Air Suspension.

Here's the solution to the third row headroom question:
LC70camper.jpg