Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TEG = Lucky B**t**d!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TEG,

congratulations on your incredible experience! Great write-up as well. I hope that you will recall additional details of your drive in Martin's Roadster to share with us all... I look forward to reading more about it! :smile:

All the best,

Chris H.

BB,

I know what you mean... I've got a huge grin on my face, and I can't seem to get rid of it... :biggrin::biggrin:

I don't think Martin could've chosen a better candidate, or a better way, to show his appreciation for the support that this forum has demonstrated towards himself and Tesla Motors over the last few years. I am in awe...

:biggrin::biggrin:

That was really cool. It was great to see what TEG thought of the car. Thanks for the write up TEG. Glad you got to do that. And that wasn't luck in my opinion, you were bound to drive that car!
That was also really cool of Martin. I admire Martin's passion and the fact that he interacts with his and Tesla Motors fans. Martin is truly a valuable and rare person in any industry and its a shame for the future of Tesla Motors, that he is no longer there.

Thanks guys! I have some more pictures to post, and maybe even a short video to upload. It was an experience I will never forget. I drove from Menlo Park to Woodside, up highway 84 to Skyline, and around the wondrous roads the car was designed to roam on.

Whoo hoo!

I'd like to add my congratulations. When Martin asked us to name the next driver, I naturally thought of Ex-Tesla employees, following on from Marc.

A representative of all of us from the online community is just fantastic. I'm going to be grinning all day.

Okay, so it's a gesture. But it's still important. An EV for the Everyman. Thanks Martin

More pictures please, TEG.

More pictures please, TEG.

Some more:

67d1216800492-teg-lucky-b-t-d-odo.jpg

68d1216800738-teg-lucky-b-t-d-cupholder.jpg

69d1216800954-teg-lucky-b-t-d-rangegauge.jpg

2695460438_bca60cf1cc.jpg

Attachments

• Odo.jpg
    Odo.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 128
  • CupHolder.jpg
    CupHolder.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 122
  • RangeGauge.jpg
    RangeGauge.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Martin gives back

I'm having a hard time reading these posts, my eyes are so welled up.

Who would have thought that man of CEO caliber would personally care about a fan to actually let him be one of the first drivers of his rare and valuable personal car (one of 4!).

This really type of giving just touches me. This is not publicity stunt for a company nor is it a calculated PR move to smooth over some rough press, but just a selfless action from one human being to another to say, I think you would like this and thank you for your support.

The story of Tesla so far has been an exciting ride. The end of a beautiful chapter was just written. For now, we can only dream that the rest of the tale will be as compelling as this one.

I agree with Joseph, that's a very cool cup holder, a masterpiece of minimalist design... Colin Chapman would be impressed.

Just one thing: shouldn't there be a coaster under that drink? :smile:

BTW, I think that TEG is now going to have to change his user title from "Maybe someday" to "The 4th".

All the best,

Chris H.

Ah, so, I was wrong. Clearly, it shows which side of the car I've been sitting in the few times I've had the chance. Of course, it's not like I'll ever allow the cup holder to be used or anything. At least it's way stylish. It's got that awesome mars rover / dalek claw vibe to it.