Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Plus - Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went ahead and tried setting my fronts to 15/16 soft and the rears are 12. It eats up bumps for breakfast. So much better than stock. I just drove a Highland 3 and it's getting within a stone's throw of it dampening-wise. I normally drive over this cobblestone brick driveway and with this setting I had to do a double take to confirm I actually rolled over it. I could see that some people might say it's too floaty but I just did a spirited drive on a canyon road and I didn't feel like I lost much. In fact there's this really good feeling when doing a long sweeping curve where the car feels smooth and capable. I haven't gotten the Rocking boat feeling yet. Maybe because the rears are stiffer. I'm not saying it's for everyone but you can easily try it by adjusting the fronts. I think for real city driving it's a winner.

• Informative
Reactions: SQ97 and tm1v2
I would like to revise this statement after taking a tour of some of Arvada Colorado's crappiest roads on the MPP comforts. The small bumps are quite a bit harsher, and I would say a little bit unpleasant and more jarring than the tein shocks with stock springs. Closer to the wooden ride of the stock shocks. The wife noticed from the passenger seat too. The MPP comforts handle the big bumps like a champ, but the small bumps are worse.

I'm definitely less satisfied than I was 24 hours ago.
Could you compare MPP and Tein to the 2024 car? I drove one recently and was impressed with the ride quality and more natural feeling handling, and am looking to get something similar out of my 2023.

Yes, I just drove a new highland last week.

I'd rank it like this in terms of ride quality:

Highland>>>>>>>>>>>>teins>MPP comfort non-adjustable>>>>stock

The 2024 suspension really is where it's at for ride comfort. I'm sure the revised bushings and subframe mounting hardware help a lot in that department too. The teins shocks wont get you there. Maybe if you got the tein flex z coilovers you'd have a better-matched spring and shock combo. But I bet the 2024 car is still better by a good margin.

Didn't feel like creating a new post.
My passenger side front endurapro plus broke right where the skinny part begins. I guess having the adjustment in the center means there is less metal overall.
I was on a road trip when this happened. I don't think I hit any pot holes. It could have been a dip on the highway. I heard a boing then it just rattled a bit when I went on bumpy roads. I thought my end links were loose. I didn't look at it until I got home. I'm glad I made it home.

Just wanted to add my car is M3 LR RWD. I bought and installed the shocks in Dec 2022. So it has like 1 year and 2 months which is over the one year warranty. Kinda sucks.

PXL_20240220_001004808.jpg

PXL_20240220_031530898.jpg

PXL_20240220_032237632.jpg

I just wish Koni or KW would make a damper to match the OEM springs. I want a more controlled/rounded ride at OEM height without going any lower or stiffer. Too bad the Tein EnduraPro doesn't seem well built and tuned to offer the best of both worlds. I've definitely had great experiences with Koni dampers in other cars where the ride and handling both improved over stock.

Thanks a lot for your detailed review! How's the ride over smaller bumps vs OEM or Tein?
I'm looking for the same kind of suspension replacement. Did you manage to find a way to keep the OEM height without going any lower or stiffer?

Redwood Motorsports now has damper-only kits that can reuse the stock springs:

Their full coilovers can do stock height too, I've been running the Performance Sport coilovers (Ohlins DFV version) at stock height for two years now.

Even the Performance Sport I have rides better than stock, especially on the softer half of the adjustment range, but of course "Performance Sport" is more about the handling upgrade (what I was after). If you're looking at Teins, you'll probably prefer the "GT" / "Cloud Spec" which are really focused on the ride quality. I think the damper-only kits are always GT / Cloud Spec, designed to pair with the OEM springs.

I've only experienced their GT version briefly as a passenger, it was a really smooth ride for a Tesla, I can't comment on how the GT feels to drive though.

Reactions: FatM3
Redwood Motorsports now has damper-only kits that can reuse the stock springs:

Their full coilovers can do stock height too, I've been running the Performance Sport coilovers (Ohlins DFV version) at stock height for two years now.

Even the Performance Sport I have rides better than stock, especially on the softer half of the adjustment range, but of course "Performance Sport" is more about the handling upgrade (what I was after). If you're looking at Teins, you'll probably prefer the "GT" / "Cloud Spec" which are really focused on the ride quality. I think the damper-only kits are always GT / Cloud Spec, designed to pair with the OEM springs.

I've only experienced their GT version briefly as a passenger, it was a really smooth ride for a Tesla, I can't comment on how the GT feels to drive though.
What's the difference between fpx and dfv?

What's the difference between fpx and dfv?
@FatM3 The Ohlins damper tech is higher end. Costs more, performs better. Well definitely costs more, supposedly performs better 😄. Redwood only made the Ohlins version when I bought my kit, so I never cross-shopped vs FPX myself. For an actual explanation of behavior differences you might feel, best to ask Redwood.

My understanding is the Ohlins advantages are most likely to be noticed in how they handle over large bumps or dips at speed, consistency across temperature ranges, high performance driving, etc. Also, a single valving config + adjustment setting can strike a finer balance between ride & handling, and also a finer balance between damping of small & large disturbances. That's all my understanding / recollection, but I'm really not an authority on this, and I've no idea how apparent or not these differences might be.

• Helpful
Reactions: FatM3
I just went ahead and tried setting my fronts to 15/16 soft and the rears are 12. It eats up bumps for breakfast. So much better than stock. I just drove a Highland 3 and it's getting within a stone's throw of it dampening-wise. I normally drive over this cobblestone brick driveway and with this setting I had to do a double take to confirm I actually rolled over it. I could see that some people might say it's too floaty but I just did a spirited drive on a canyon road and I didn't feel like I lost much. In fact there's this really good feeling when doing a long sweeping curve where the car feels smooth and capable. I haven't gotten the Rocking boat feeling yet. Maybe because the rears are stiffer. I'm not saying it's for everyone but you can easily try it by adjusting the fronts. I think for real city driving it's a winner.
Mine are coming in next week and I think we are looking for a similar ride so I'm going to use those settings. Have you thought about lowering springs at all? I'm toying with the idea of trying the Eibach.

Currently, have a 2019 Model 3 Performance, looking to keep my stock springs. Is this upgrade worth it? Haven't read too many reviews about people keeping stock performance springs, mainly people lowering them with Teins. Worth the upgrade? Looking for comfort but don't want to lose the handling that much. I already have unplugged performance front/rear sway bars to help keep it planted.

Well…just got the Teins installed and although the comfort is a serious change, the back is now getting “thumping” sounds or more like “clicking”. Anyone else felt the same ? I saw some mention creaking but this more like something is clicking or light thump.
Yes - the front seems fine but the back has a noticeable chirp squeak when going over small bumps - it should settle and become less pronounced but it’s still there … what is the setting that you have and did you leave the dust boot cover on ?