Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein Flex Z front shock mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Likewise - I had a pinging noise the first 4-5 miles I installed when turning the wheel and I readjusted the preload and the noise never came back after a year of driving and over 10k miles…they were omega comfortable for me, even being really low.

The only reason I switched to KW’s is I wanted to have a more sport ride for autocross

I have the same experience as well. Initially the clunk happened only when turning the wheel left or right once from an initial stop. Once it was in motion, it never happened again. Now, it's completely gone and don't have any issues. Ride is comfortable even at my ride height. I maybe would eventually switch to MPPs as well since I basically run all KWs on all my other cars too.

Reactions: canasion35
I have the same experience as well. Initially the clunk happened only when turning the wheel left or right once from an initial stop. Once it was in motion, it never happened again. Now, it's completely gone and don't have any issues. Ride is comfortable even at my ride height. I maybe would eventually switch to MPPs as well since I basically run all KWs on all my other cars too.
Second this comment - what issues were you guys getting plagued with?
None. We stopped selling The FlexZ as soon as the failures started being reported - you'll see more info on the Model Y side. However, the EnduraPro Plus struts haven been problem free on our end, so we still carry/install them. We're installing also, so we get to see hands on how everything installs and performs, which helps when we give recommendations on parts and brands.

For those on a tight budget, even the ST Suspensions ST XA Coilovers (also part of KW) is a much better quality kit for not much more money than the Teins, and you even get front Strut plates included. The ST warranty is better than the Teins. (5 year vs 1 year) for added peace of mind. ST just dropped prices across the board - so these might be the best bang for the buck kit at the moment.