Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telsa really doesn't want people to come to their service center for service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Troubling for sure, but not the norm (based on my experiences).

One thought...with all the legal wrestling in Virginia between the Virginia Auto Dealer Association and Tesla not being allowed to open stores, etc. perhaps Tesla is trying to sidestep a legal hurdle by removing human interaction. Perhaps this is just Tesla being creative with their interpretation of the language in the law.

Interesting thought. Virginia Auto Dealers Association (VADA) is spending a lot to appeal the June 2019 ruling that allows Tesla to sell in Virginia.

VADA CEO Don Hall said in a statement Thursday. "The law of the Commonwealth exists to protect Virginia consumers and we are appealing the Circuit Court's decision to uphold the integrity of our motor vehicle dealer franchise statute,"
"The Circuit Court decision allowed the ruling of the Commissioner to stand, but the Judge expressed serious misgivings about the lack of evidence and the Commissioner's decision to allow Tesla to continue to operate in a way wholly inconsistent with the intent of the law and the General Assembly."

Tesla did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the dealer association's intent to appeal the June decision. A Tesla spokeswoman in June called Rupe's ruling "a win for consumers who are increasingly looking to purchase electric vehicles."

Last edited:
That would be nice. Do these have the holes so the washer fluid comes out the full length of the blade?

For Model X?

Sorry, I was referring to the Model S. We had one but sold it before we needed to change the wipers. :eek:

I checked and it looks like the Bosch Icon isn't available for the Model X. I found RainX has blades for the Model X. Looks like you'd need 28" and 18":

https://www.autozone.com/ignition-t...dge-28in-beam-wiper-blade/288137_432638_25448
https://www.autozone.com/ignition-t...dge-18in-beam-wiper-blade/288138_433214_25448

Total price: ~$65

Looks like they have several models available for the X and 3: Blade Size Finder - Rain-X