Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrible service experience - what should I do - Missing frunk after service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I live in Chicago and a week after delivery, I took my model 3 to service to fix front bumper panel gap. They returned the car without fixing the issue. I had to take it in again. This time, they fixed the issue. I took the car home and couple of days later, when I open the frunk, I find they forgot to put the entire frunk and other trim panels. The whole motor and everything is exposed now. I've had terrible experience with tesla service. What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_20190213_194418.jpg
    IMG_20190213_194418.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20190213_194422.jpg
    IMG_20190213_194422.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 120
I read the title and thought you were joking, until I clicked the image and realized that they actually forgot to reinstall the frunk.

Call Tesla Service and I would escalate it to a Service Manager. Maybe they can send a mobile technician out to reinstall it. Hope they make it right by you. If you live close by, you could probably just pay them a visit in person if that is possible for you.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Hello all,

I live in Chicago and a week after delivery, I took my model 3 to service to fix front bumper panel gap. They returned the car without fixing the issue. I had to take it in again. This time, they fixed the issue. I took the car home and couple of days later, when I open the frunk, I find they forgot to put the entire frunk and other trim panels. The whole motor and everything is exposed now. I've had terrible experience with tesla service. What should I do?
They stole your frunk?? OMG!
You came to the right place. All of us here are experts in tracking down and replacing stolen frunks. It does happen a lot.
Don't bother going back to the service center. Clearly they can't do anything for you.

Advice.
First, look under the car... sometimes frunks hide there.
Second, look in the trunk. Sometimes frunks think they are a trunk and go back there to hang out with the cool guys.
Third, look on the roof. Sometimes frunks just need a little fresh air.

If all else fails you could just call the service center. They might possibly be able to help.

They stole your frunk?? OMG!
You came to the right place. All of us here are experts in tracking down and replacing stolen frunks. It does happen a lot.
Don't bother going back to the service center. Clearly they can't do anything for you.

Advice.
First, look under the car... sometimes frunks hide there.
Second, look in the trunk. Sometimes frunks think they are a trunk and go back there to hang out with the cool guys.
Third, look on the roof. Sometimes frunks just need a little fresh air.

If all else fails you could just call the service center. They might possibly be able to help.

I think the Tesla app has been updated today to address this very specific issue.

Please go to your Loot Box and select which Service Center you would like these re-installed.

We are anticipating a large demand and the expected delivery date is July 2020. Please be patient. We always take care of our valued Tesla customer like yourself.

Gee, that is terrible quality control. Actually ZERO quality control. You would think they might notice the liner laying around in their shop. I wonder what else they screwed up. I'd consider taking it to another service center, but probably not one within a hundred miles of you.

This reminds me of terrible service I had at an Audi dealer LONG ago in San Mateo CA. The dumbest Audi dealer on the planet. They left all their tools on the engine and forgot to put the air cleaner back on. When I went back to complain about it, of course they say it never happens and quoted..... "We play CLOSE ATTENTION to detail at our shop. This is highly irregular." To which I replied.... "Really, I don't think you know what it means to pay attention to detail. Has anyone ever told you that the Audi logo is 4 rings, not 5 rings? Look at the logo you had painted up on the top of your shop. It has 5 rings. You are not the Olympics for Christ sake." Then I saw a really red face on the service manager.

Gee, that is terrible quality control. Actually ZERO quality control. You would think they might notice the liner laying around in their shop. I wonder what else they screwed up. I'd consider taking it to another service center, but probably not one within a hundred miles of you.

This reminds me of terrible service I had at an Audi dealer LONG ago in San Mateo CA. The dumbest Audi dealer on the planet. They left all their tools on the engine and forgot to put the air cleaner back on. When I went back to complain about it, of course they say it never happens and quoted..... "We play CLOSE ATTENTION to detail at our shop. This is highly irregular." To which I replied.... "Really, I don't think you know what it means to pay attention to detail. Has anyone ever told you that the Audi logo is 4 rings, not 5 rings? Look at the logo you had painted up on the top of your shop. It has 5 rings. You are not the Olympics for Christ sake." Then I saw a really red face on the service manager.

What are you talking about....we sell these accessory to our customer. - San Mateo Audi service manager

Cer9cFyWsAAhOLV.jpg