Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s Achilles Heel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ATPMSD

Mar 12, 2021
Atlanta, GA
First let me say I love my Model S! It has great range, tech, exceptional performance and comfort. It is not perfect as it has less than a stellar paint job and the fit and finish could certainly be better. But what is potentially going to kill Tesla is support, or should I say the lack of it.

Tesla has very few service locations and if you happen to be near one count yourself very lucky. If a Tesla needs service waiting weeks is not uncommon and, hopefully, it does not need part! As a result of these shortcomings those of us who own a Tesla are “early adopters,” who are people willing to purchase “new” products and are also willing to overlook / tolerate a products many shortcomings. This is not a description of the public are large, most of who would not tolerate poor quality and support.

In the not too distant future major car companies are going to offer EVs with suitable range, and their cars will likely be better build. And of greater importance will be the ability of their car owner’s to get their cars serviced just down the road, in a timely manner, and to have parts readily available.

Tesla has the opportunity to maintain its leadership role, but not if it continues to stick its head in the sand. Continuing to do so may well cause Tesla to lose its leadership role. And that would be a-shame!