Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3 Maintenance in Kingston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Kingston, Ontario and I'm looking to buy a Tesla Model 3. Where would I have to go to get the car serviced? If the car couldn't be driven, would the warranty cover getting it towed there? After the 4 year warranty runs out on everything but the battery and drive units, who would do the repairs?
Thanks

I live in Kingston, Ontario and I'm looking to buy a Tesla Model 3. Where would I have to go to get the car serviced? If the car couldn't be driven, would the warranty cover getting it towed there? After the 4 year warranty runs out on everything but the battery and drive units, who would do the repairs?
Thanks
Most of your questions are answered above ^^^^^^

*some* of the repairs/maintenance can be done via local garages;
Tires/wheels, brakes, alignments, windshields. Telsa also outsources body repairs to certified auto refinishers.
Most of the other repairs will be done via service centres and rangers. If your car "bricks", you'll be covered for the tow to the nearest service centre. Note: you do not need to do regular service, like an ICE car. No oil changes etc.
Right now your service centre choices are Toronto Lawrence, Montreal Ferrier, and Ottawa.

PS The ranger service is awesome. I've used them 3 times

Reactions: Vawlkus
There will be a local "Ranger" who will come to your car in a Tesla truck and can fix something like 80% of issues.
Good point. I checked the service map and Mobile Service is available in Kingston

Kingston.PNG

Really appreciate all the quick and informative replies. If the repair can't be done by the Ranger and car is driveable, do I have to drive it to the service centre?

We tend to keep our cars for a long time - still have a 2005 Odyssey and 2010 Prius. So the biggest concern my wife and I have in trying to decide to buy or not is when the 4 year warranty expires (on everything except battery and drive units), what are the options to get repairs done then (and how expensive)?

• Love
Reactions: Biscuitman
Good point. I checked the service map and Mobile Service is available in Kingston

View attachment 483718
Really appreciate all the quick and informative replies. If the repair can't be done by the Ranger and car is driveable, do I have to drive it to the service centre?

We tend to keep our cars for a long time - still have a 2005 Odyssey and 2010 Prius. So the biggest concern my wife and I have in trying to decide to buy or not is when the 4 year warranty expires (on everything except battery and drive units), what are the options to get repairs done then (and how expensive)?
No one knows the answer to that as the 3 is too new. I am taking a leap also in that regard , but figure it is worth it to be zero emissions . The more people who live in my alma maters town with a green vehicle the better! Go for it and do your part for keeping Kingston green.
Jeff in the Nations Capital.