Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMS_u031 - Battery fuse requires replacement soon - Some questions...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's what the plate looks like.

Attachments

• 20230918_142910.jpg
    20230918_142910.jpg
    620.2 KB · Views: 11
If you are still under battery warranty Tesla will replace it for free under HV battery warranty. It's time set so I'm gonna assume you have about 6 .months left on your battery warranty
Picked up my 2016 Signature X in February 2016. it is out of the 8 year battery warranty by 4 months. Before the warranty was up I had asked if there was any maintenance required as I also had the extended warranty, which unbeknownst to me ran out in October of 2023 but they never mentioned this battery maintenance item.

Edit: just heard from Tesla that the charge is $299.98. Still no word on how long it takes.

Edit2: Just heard from Tesla service. This should take no more than 1-2 hours.

Last edited:
Just joined so I can add another data point...

I got this message today in my 2015 85D that has expired warranty. I submitted a service request and got the sticker shock for $942.11 ($640.50 labor, $239.98 parts, and $61.63 tax). The audacity for Tesla to charge $305/hr for labor, but that's a topic of discussion for another day!

Needless to say, I'm ticked off as I don't see this as a wear-and-tear item, so warranty shouldn't even come into play. In my view, this is a safety issue and should be handled via a recall. I also don't think it's a coincidence I received the error message AFTER my warranty expired. For now, I am opting to postpone any service. I do plan on filing a complaint with NHTSA.

Reactions: Michelx and madodel
Just joined so I can add another data point...

I got this message today in my 2015 85D that has expired warranty. I submitted a service request and got the sticker shock for $942.11 ($640.50 labor, $239.98 parts, and $61.63 tax). The audacity for Tesla to charge $305/hr for labor, but that's a topic of discussion for another day!

Needless to say, I'm ticked off as I don't see this as a wear-and-tear item, so warranty shouldn't even come into play. In my view, this is a safety issue and should be handled via a recall. I also don't think it's a coincidence I received the error message AFTER my warranty expired. For now, I am opting to postpone any service. I do plan on filing a complaint with NHTSA.
Why did they quote me $299.98 and you 3 times that?