Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla across the Golden Gate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not so fond memories for me. I got my one and only speeding ticket in a little over 50 years of driving on the GG bridge in 1964. The toll booth operator said, "the officer would like you to pull over there." Hint: I was following the officer across the span, traveling at the same speed as was he. Not fair, but still one of the most scenic drives around. :rolleyes:

I've been meaning to do something similar: I even bought an external microphone for my camera so I can record the sound in a spot sheltered from the wind... One of these days I will have some free time...

Do it!!

I'm no A/V expert but looking at the video again I was surprised by how little wind noise came through on the audio; not as bad compared to other clips where the wind just drowns everything else out. Isn't there noise canceling technology available to take care of that?

Do it!!

I'm no A/V expert but looking at the video again I was surprised by how little wind noise came through on the audio; not as bad compared to other clips where the wind just drowns everything else out. Isn't there noise canceling technology available to take care of that?

I suspect they must have used a foam pad in front of their microphone to reduce noise. It is also possible that the particular location of the camera is in a low pressure zone mostly deprived of air flow... I'm not sure if electronic noise canceling technologies can deal with 45MPH wind noise, but I've been surprised by technology before!