Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app:adding wall connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just discovers hidden away in the Tesla app, an option to connect my wall connector charger. Unfortunately it asks for the qr code In the quick start guide and I may have thrown that out.

Is there another way to connect it to the Tesla app?
Also, anyone know what it does? Just wondering if I've got fomo for no reason 😀

I've just discovers hidden away in the Tesla app, an option to connect my wall connector charger. Unfortunately it asks for the qr code In the quick start guide and I may have thrown that out.

Without going to the garage to check I think the qr code is on the left hand side of the charger as well 👍🏻 function wise you're missing nothing that you don't already do via the car

If you already know the WiFi password for it you don’t need to know the QR code. Add it in the app and select the option to connect manually, then go into your WiFi settings and connect to the wall connector (need to hold the button down for 10 seconds or power it off and back on). Then pop back over to the Tesla app and it should recognise it’s connected and finish the setup.

Though I will say it doesn’t add any features or functionality other than usage. You need to connect to the connectors WiFi network every time you want to tinker with it, even via the app, so it’s a pain in the bum.

Reactions: Jamezam
If you already know the WiFi password for it you don’t need to know the QR code. Add it in the app and select the option to connect manually, then go into your WiFi settings and connect to the wall connector (need to hold the button down for 10 seconds or power it off and back on). Then pop back over to the Tesla app and it should recognise it’s connected and finish the setup.

Though I will say it doesn’t add any features or functionality other than usage. You need to connect to the connectors WiFi network every time you want to tinker with it, even via the app, so it’s a pain in the bum.
No option to manually add. There is for the powerwall funnily enough

When you swipe left in the app it shows you the screen below. If your car is there, it shows the car and shows it plugged in and charging etc.

The QR code is inside the charging unit too if you need it. Only 4 torx screws to get to it.

0450932C-D0BF-4415-86B7-A88EDCFDD7A8.png

Could you outline the steps on the hidden way to do it? Thanks!

Could you outline the steps on the hidden way to do it? Thanks!
It’s not so much hidden, you just need to go looking.

In the app, click on the top right corner to go to the top level.

Then select Add/Remove products

Then select wall charger and follow the prompts

No idea if you can do it on a US wall charger, this is the U.K. sub forum and some things do work everywhere and some don’t.

Once added, and assuming you’re on the latest software versions, you’ll be able to see a history of the charge sessions and be able to set a start/stop window so you can limit its use to say off peak charging window or if you’re worried about daytime use while your out, set a window when you’ll be in

I’m sure there are YouTube videos on how you can use it if you want to know more

Note that the charging history from the wall charger shows how much power has been provided to the car; the stats in the main app are from the car and show how much power has been added to the battery. The difference is quite high when just topping up the last few percent to 100%.

It’s not so much hidden, you just need to go looking.

In the app, click on the top right corner to go to the top level.

Then select Add/Remove products

Then select wall charger and follow the prompts

No idea if you can do it on a US wall charger, this is the U.K. sub forum and some things do work everywhere and some don’t.

Once added, and assuming you’re on the latest software versions, you’ll be able to see a history of the charge sessions and be able to set a start/stop window so you can limit its use to say off peak charging window or if you’re worried about daytime use while your out, set a window when you’ll be in

I’m sure there are YouTube videos on how you can use it if you want to know more
Ah ok, I found this post from Google and didn't notice it was a UK sub. I'm in US, hence why I can't find it. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds