Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App car parked at home shows wrong number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new MY is parked in my garage at my house, but the Tesla app under “location” shows the house number is wrong.
Hi My street name and other info is correct.
It is a just over 1 year old new construction home.
Wonder if that has to do with it?

Anyway to fix it
Thanks in advance.

How much difference is there between your block number address and the block number displayed?

I live in a parcel which has been splitted in smaller lots. My GPS location indicates
the original parcel block number and not my particular mailing block number.

So I imagine that Google street uses information from the city mapping,
which might have not been updated at the time when the parcel was sold.

I suppose that I could contact Google to update the location,
but it looks like so far that Amazon, or other delivery services,
didn't have problem finding my location as I imagine that
the driver might try to find the number on my door.

However, if Amazon was going to make deliveries using a flying drone,
the parcel might then be dropped to an incorrect location? LoL

Last edited:
Reactions: voxel
My new MY is parked in my garage at my house, but the Tesla app under “location” shows the house number is wrong.

Anyway to fix it
Thanks in advance.
Try setting the car to navigate home, and observe when it announces you have arrived. How far off is it? Also, when does it fold/unfold the mirrors (if you have that set on)?

Its possible you have poor GPS reception in your area depending on geography.

Anyway to fix it
Thanks in advance.
Ours did the same for a long while, eventually it began displaying the correct address though. I didn't do anything to "fix" it, as someone noted above, we have poor cell reception here so I figured that was the cause, and I didn't concern myself with it. I guess after repeated use/trips to/from home the correct address got dialed in.

It's based on the mapping software. My nav system knows where "home" is but the street address it assigns to it is way off. The location of the pin is what matters, not the address (which I'm guessing is from google maps?).

The location where parked is calculated from GPS. My garage is right next to the property line so rarely, the car shows located at my neighbor's address. Normally it shows the correct address. The car knows it's home, it doesn't lock when I walk away.