Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App for iPhone version 4.3.1 - Customize Quick Controls Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
I just installed the Tesla app for iPhone version 4.3.1, 335.5 MB

The app description states:

- Customize quick controls on vehicle homepage with a long press
- Adjust Cabin Overheat Protection
- Widget improvements
- Sentry Mode Live Camera Access on supported cars in select countries (*)

* Vehicle software version 2021.40.5+ required

Has anyone been able to use this version of the Tesla app to customize the quick controls on vehicle homepage with a long press?

I’ve had it running for a few days already and it works great on my 12 mini. I got rid of the charge port and have the front and rear trunk. It updates the widget so I gain access from the Lock Screen which is nice.

There is even a hack online that lets you add more than 4 icons but it doesn’t update the widget and to get it back you h e to reinstall the app. I’m good with just 4 anyway.

I’ve had it running for a few days already and it works great on my 12 mini. I got rid of the charge port and have the front and rear trunk. It updates the widget so I gain access from the Lock Screen which is nice.

There is even a hack online that lets you add more than 4 icons but it doesn’t update the widget and to get it back you h e to reinstall the app. I’m good with just 4 anyway.
How are you able to change the settings? What do you press/tap?

How are you able to change the settings? What do you press/tap?
Long press the icon you want to change (in the main Tesla app, not the widget). A dialog will pop giving you option.

Attachments

• 8AE94193-338F-4F4D-808C-60724D17DB77.png
    8AE94193-338F-4F4D-808C-60724D17DB77.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 663
Thanks; I had to reboot by iPhone SE2 (I think that is the reason a long press would not work.)

I would want to add the hatch open/close button to the quick controls but I am concerned I would press it by mistake. I really want the hatch open/close control to require a double tap.