Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App for iPhone version 4.3.1 - Customize Quick Controls Question

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
I just installed the Tesla app for iPhone version 4.3.1, 335.5 MB

The app description states:

- Customize quick controls on vehicle homepage with a long press
- Adjust Cabin Overheat Protection
- Widget improvements
- Sentry Mode Live Camera Access on supported cars in select countries (*)

* Vehicle software version 2021.40.5+ required

Has anyone been able to use this version of the Tesla app to customize the quick controls on vehicle homepage with a long press?

jmaddr

Mar 29, 2019
Florida
I’ve had it running for a few days already and it works great on my 12 mini. I got rid of the charge port and have the front and rear trunk. It updates the widget so I gain access from the Lock Screen which is nice.

There is even a hack online that lets you add more than 4 icons but it doesn’t update the widget and to get it back you h e to reinstall the app. I’m good with just 4 anyway.

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
I’ve had it running for a few days already and it works great on my 12 mini. I got rid of the charge port and have the front and rear trunk. It updates the widget so I gain access from the Lock Screen which is nice.

There is even a hack online that lets you add more than 4 icons but it doesn’t update the widget and to get it back you h e to reinstall the app. I’m good with just 4 anyway.
How are you able to change the settings? What do you press/tap?

jmaddr

Mar 29, 2019
Florida
How are you able to change the settings? What do you press/tap?
Long press the icon you want to change (in the main Tesla app, not the widget). A dialog will pop giving you option.

Attachments

• 8AE94193-338F-4F4D-808C-60724D17DB77.png
    8AE94193-338F-4F4D-808C-60724D17DB77.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 105

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
Thanks; I had to reboot by iPhone SE2 (I think that is the reason a long press would not work.)

I would want to add the hatch open/close button to the quick controls but I am concerned I would press it by mistake. I really want the hatch open/close control to require a double tap.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC