Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app iOS Lock Screen widget not working!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I picked up my new Model 3 yesterday (our second one), and set up the app on my iPhone.

For some reason, the Home Screen widget that shows your battery percentage is not working… it’s just saying “long press and select edit widget…”, but unfortunately long pressing the widget doesn’t do anything. (See screen shot below.)

I logged out of the Tesla app and deleted it, then downloaded it again and re-logged in, but the same thing’s happening.

Wondering if this is a glitch anyone else has experienced with the latest iOS Tesla app? And any chance anyone’s figured out a workaround?

Cheers and thanks!
Mike

IMG_4103.jpeg

Mine works, but have two Teslas and which one is this? That’s my qieation
View attachment 975739
Interesting!

I’m starting to wonder if it’s just the widget setup process which is broken?

Perhaps everyone’s fine if they already have their car and app set up, but people adding a new car using the current app may have this widget problem.

The rest of the app is fine, and I was able to choose my car for the main widget (Home Screen version, not Lock Screen).

Hopefully they’ll issue an update soon…

Mike

I just tried adding the Tesla widget on the Lock Screen and it’s a completely transparent box (no text like yours). I was able to select the car upon the long press options but the info from the car doesn’t load.

In a tangentially related issue, the widget in Notification Center isn’t working either. It just shows a black box (the one below the weather info). I’m on iOS 17 as well.
IMG_8828.jpeg

A
You can customize which car is handled by the widget. Go to your lock screen, click customize, double click on the Tesla widget and a menu will appear with your cars. .a

You can customize which car is handled by the widget. Go to your lock screen, click customize, double click on the Tesla widget and a menu will appear with your cars. .
Thanks, this worked!
It’s a little weird that pressing and holding the widget itself doesn’t let you change this, given that’s what the error message I had was saying!
But awesome to have it sorted. Thank you!

A

Thanks, this worked!
It’s a little weird that pressing and holding the widget itself doesn’t let you change this, given that’s what the error message I had was saying!
But awesome to have it sorted. Thank you!
Wow, that’s so easy and so impossible to just guess would be the way. How did anyone figure this out? But it worked for me as well! Thanks!

I just tried adding the Tesla widget on the Lock Screen and it’s a completely transparent box (no text like yours). I was able to select the car upon the long press options but the info from the car doesn’t load.

In a tangentially related issue, the widget in Notification Center isn’t working either. It just shows a black box (the one below the weather info). I’m on iOS 17 as well.View attachment 975761
I have this same issue. Widget stays blank since the last app update. Tried removing widgets, changing vehicle, reinstalling the app. Nothing works.

Attachments

• Wednesday, 25 Oct 2023 07:33:58.png
    Wednesday, 25 Oct 2023 07:33:58.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
I recently just got my Tesla and the app and widget were working great until today when I updated to version 4.27.0. Now the widget is blank. I've deleted and re-added the widget, confirmed my specific Tesla is selected and no luck. I was considering signing out of the app but the warning about losing all my settings and stored data concerns me. Is there any way to report this to Tesla?