Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA APP FOR PC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I tried to get the app running in the debugger and after installing gigabytes of dev environment discovered I can't run it because I don't have the latest feature update for Windows 10 installed. The reason I don't have it installed is because it hangs at 79% and I haven't been able to figure out what the incompatibility is. I'm afraid I won't be able to help in the short term. Is there any possibility it is the Windows version is causing the issue?

Sorry to hear of your hassle. I don't think anything in the app depends on the new version, so you should be able to select an older version of the UWP runtime in the project properties.

@cwied this is how it's currently set up - it shouldn't depend on the newest version (1903), but feel free to try a different version if it helps you run.

upload_2019-8-24_8-48-42.png

@NinjaVece and @cwied, as an alternative to getting the entire app working, can you please tell me if each of these URLs return valid JSON data when loaded in a web browser, after telling it to ignore the invalid certificate?
  • https://{Settings.LocalGatewayIP}/api/sitemaster
  • https://{Settings.LocalGatewayIP}/api/system_status/soe
  • https://{Settings.LocalGatewayIP}/api/meters/aggregates
  • https://{Settings.LocalGatewayIP}/api/system_status/grid_status
These are the exact URLs called by the app, where the value you enter into the gateway IP text box being substituted into each.
Specifically for the first one, it's expecting data like this, and checking that "running" is set to true.
{"running":true,"uptime":"356288s,","connected_to_tesla":true}​

Thanks for the configuration pointer!

The exception being thrown is below:
Name Value Type
◢ $exception {"Access is denied.\r\n\r\nA network capability is required to access this network resource"} System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Edit to add: adding the "Private Networks" capability to the app manifest fixes the problem for me.

Thanks for the configuration pointer!

The exception being thrown is below:
Name Value Type
◢ $exception {"Access is denied.\r\n\r\nA network capability is required to access this network resource"} System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Edit to add: adding the "Private Networks" capability to the app manifest fixes the problem for me.

Nice work @cwied figuring that out! I've made that change to the app and submitted it to the store - hopefully it will be available in the next 24 hours. I'm not sure why it works on my machine without that declaration, but it does make sense to turn it on.

Hi guys, first time poster so please be gentle - I know this problem is going to be a very edge case.

First let me start by saying I love this app - it is incredibly useful!

Up until the recent fix, I couldn't log in at all, however having grabbed the recent update it allows me to login, but then provides zero real time data/information.

I believe this may be related to an issue I had previously, where my original Powerwall gateway was replaced. When I load the official Tesla app, I have two profiles - one being for the 'old' (now defunct) PW2 profile and the other for the 'new' (now current) PW2 profile. This is supported by the fact that when I use the Powerwall Companion app to browse historical data for the year it populates with data previous to the replacement.

I'd rather not ask Tesla support to remove the 'old' PW2 profile as it provides me with my historical data. Instead, the ability to switch profiles would allow me to start using this app again.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi @mrxyz123 - Thanks for the post. Tesla has a concept of "Energy Sites" - currently the app uses the first one it finds. I wasn't sure if there were any circumstances in which you could have multiple sites, but it seems like that's the case you're in. No promises, but I'll take a look and see if there's anything I can do.

Do you see any realtime data if you connect to the local gateway instead of the cloud API?

Hi @mrxyz123 - Thanks for the post. Tesla has a concept of "Energy Sites" - currently the app uses the first one it finds. I wasn't sure if there were any circumstances in which you could have multiple sites, but it seems like that's the case you're in. No promises, but I'll take a look and see if there's anything I can do.

Much appreciated!

Do you see any realtime data if you connect to the local gateway instead of the cloud API?

Not sure on this one as I am still in the process of getting the PW2 gateway connected to my local network post replacement - will get this fixed up and test it out.