TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla App Recommenations

Discussion in 'Model S' started by aollivierre, May 2, 2018.

1. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

I think we should start a section or thread like this one to recommend new features and benefit that we Tesla owners would like to see added to our apps so we don’t have to go 3rd party.....

So with that said, go! What would you like to see Tesla add to our current App?

I would Iike to have an option to roll up my windows via the app.

2. terrywhite

terrywhite Member

1. I’d like to be able to schedule/start software updates from the app instead of having to go to the car to do them.

2. Is like to be able to send an address to the nav without having to make a calendar entry.

3. The ability to see the mileage in the iOS widget.

• Like x 3
  3. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

Great suggestions. #3 you can do if you scroll to the bottom of the app.

4. SeBsZ

SeBsZ Vendor

He mentioned 'widget', not the app. I don't have iOS but I'm guessing the widget doesn't show mileage.

5. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Supporting Member

I'm a sleep fanatic and set the options as "energy saving on" and "always connected off". When accidentally open Tesla OEM app, it always try to wake my car, terminating a good sleep. This will cause higher vampire drain, which I don't appreciate.
    So I would like a feature not to wake the car up until specifically instructed.

• Like x 1
  6. Jpballer88

Jpballer88 Member

Charge scheduling for sure.

7. Sambas

Sambas Member

Have the ability to activate heated steering wheel and heated seats remotely.

8. Ande

Ande Member

1: More granular winter options, like to defrost windscreen or mirrors.

2: get a warning after a while if windows or roof is not fully closed when parked. In bad weather, that can be disastrous.

9. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

The "Apps" screen on our Tesla sure is empty, how about an option to add some cool apps like but not limited to:

Open Table
    Movies
    Weather

My Tesla has feature to basically book restaurants quickly while you are driving....Finding places with open table so can quickly book them on the spot via voice.

Same on movies. We get the urge to book a movie on a Friday or Saturday evening, you can book it quickly and on the spot.

Just my two cents...