Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Service Range Analysis For S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the app for my legacy X, I can see Vehicle Range option being added under Service menu. This is supposed to give detailed energy graph in the app for last 2 trips on Legacy S/X, something which is available in the car for 3/Y/New S/New X.

Upon clicking on Vehicle Range option, it runs for 10 seconds and then asks me to keep running it for 24 more minutes. After running this, I always get "Data Insufficient for Drive Analysis" and it tells me to drive the car for 3 more kilometers and try again in 24 hours. Thing is, I have been driving everyday 30-40 kms and yet I get this and never it has shown me detailed range analysis for my car. I have been trying it for weeks now and have gone through multiple software updates in the car. Still no go. Anyone having this issue?

Attachments

• BBB97277-9400-41E5-A7AF-04ECA5D5FB57_1_102_o.jpeg
    BBB97277-9400-41E5-A7AF-04ECA5D5FB57_1_102_o.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 287
I also have the same issue. 2015 P90D that I’ve had for 2-3 months now. I’ve tried running the Range Analysis a number of times and always get the “Data Insufficient for Drive Analysis”. I’ve read on other posts that maybe the battery needs to be run down pretty low for the range analysis thing to work, but I’ve never found a detailed guide/instructions on what exactly to do. I’m planning on taking a road trip tomorrow that might hit some higher/lower percentages than I usually get to, so I’ll try it again after that.

I also have the same issue. 2015 P90D that I’ve had for 2-3 months now. I’ve tried running the Range Analysis a number of times and always get the “Data Insufficient for Drive Analysis”. I’ve read on other posts that maybe the battery needs to be run down pretty low for the range analysis thing to work, but I’ve never found a detailed guide/instructions on what exactly to do. I’m planning on taking a road trip tomorrow that might hit some higher/lower percentages than I usually get to, so I’ll try it again after that.
Let me know how it works for you then. I’m still stuck with no data being shown 😞

Let me know how it works for you then. I’m still stuck with no data being shown 😞
It worked! A few days ago I did some longer driving days (80%-25%, multiple trips) and I got one successful drive analysis, and then yesterday I did a single 120 mile trip and got another successful analysis on that. I think the software is looking for one single long trip, not a bunch of broken up ones. So charge it up, take it for a scenic drive (no pit stops), and try it again! Hope that works for you too.

It shows your driving habit/style and your battery health :) but the ride (17 miles) should be a bit more than a couple of miles / km.

The grey line displays the EPA projection for the ride.

In my case I still can reach the full WLTP range for my Model S 100D (621 km @ 158 Wh/km) :)

What's the actual purpose of this feature?

What are we supposed to do with this information?

View attachment 932556
It is my understanding it provides battery degradation or overall health of the batteries. In doing basic range calculations, mine appears to degraded by 13% at 30,000 miles. All data indicates it should be half this amount at 200,000 miles. What is the real world experience from others?

It is my understanding it provides battery degradation or overall health of the batteries. In doing basic range calculations, mine appears to degraded by 13% at 30,000 miles. All data indicates it should be half this amount at 200,000 miles. What is the real world experience from others?

I don't see how this provides any info on battery degradation or health at all.

For example, I have Sailun EV Range tires which provide 5-6% better range than the stock Michelins that come on the car, and this calculation would reflect that.