Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App sucks!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Tesla app is driving me nuts. It's like they hired good graphic designers but crappy UI/software engineers. Today's dilemma: trying to set my home charging rates. If I let it look up the rate plan (PG&E EV2-A) it gets the schedule right (season, hours) but the per kwh charges wrong. If I try to edit the kwh rates it doesn't let me save them--I never get a save button, just "next" which takes me to the season and hours, but there's no save button there either, only the x in the top right, and then nothing gets saved.

If I start over and try to enter everything manually I get to the page where you select both season and time of use, but there's no "next" button. It just sits there and all I can do is hit the x in the top right corner, which kicks me out with nothing saved or changed.

I can't remember specifics right now, but I swear there are other places in the app where I hit a dead end like this.

This Tesla app is driving me nuts. It's like they hired good graphic designers but crappy UI/software engineers. Today's dilemma: trying to set my home charging rates. If I let it look up the rate plan (PG&E EV2-A) it gets the schedule right (season, hours) but the per kwh charges wrong. If I try to edit the kwh rates it doesn't let me save them--I never get a save button, just "next" which takes me to the season and hours, but there's no save button there either, only the x in the top right, and then nothing gets saved.

If I start over and try to enter everything manually I get to the page where you select both season and time of use, but there's no "next" button. It just sits there and all I can do is hit the x in the top right corner, which kicks me out with nothing saved or changed.

I can't remember specifics right now, but I swear there are other places in the app where I hit a dead end like this.
try different phone and see.
sometime the issue is phone specific.