Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App suggestion: Automate turning on AC by schedule

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love how it's possible to leave the AC on when you go to a store or wherever. It's also nice how you can turn the AC on a few minutes before you leave somewhere so the car is comfortable when you get in it. Why not program a clock to turn on the AC at a predetermined time, like turn it on ten minutes before you get out of work or out of the church, etc. Sometimes it's inconvenient to go to the Tesla APP and turn on the AC, but if you could set an 'alarm' that turns on the AC, that would be great.

Frank

I love how it's possible to leave the AC on when you go to a store or wherever. It's also nice how you can turn the AC on a few minutes before you leave somewhere so the car is comfortable when you get in it. Why not program a clock to turn on the AC at a predetermined time, like turn it on ten minutes before you get out of work or out of the church, etc. Sometimes it's inconvenient to go to the Tesla APP and turn on the AC, but if you could set an 'alarm' that turns on the AC, that would be great.

Frank
Using Tesla Mate and Home Assistant home automation software, I am able to remotely control my Tesla's climate system. I have an automation that takes my next google calendar event, determines the driving time, based on traffic, to go to the event location and turns on the climate 15 minutes before the time needed to depart.

It also turns on the climate 15 minutes prior to the end of the event so the car is ready when I head back home.

I also have my garage door automatically opened when I arrive home without need for the expensive homelink transmitter.

Setting up a routine to turn on the climate at fixed times would be trivial. In the example you give for coming home from work, you can even check to be sure that your car is actually at work before turning climate on in the evening.

Keeping the climate on when you are at certain location, like the grocery store, should also be pretty straightforward to automate.

What use is having a connected car if you don't take advantage of it?

Reactions: BitJam