Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Vehicles “Location” Insurance Discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Progressive insurance said they would give a insurance discount if I could show that the car can be track via the app. They said the VIN does not show we can track it so I will need show some kind proof. Does anyone know where I can get even a screenshot of information showing we can track the cars location? I checked the owners manual but nothing about the app in there.

190D9DD6-BD92-426D-8205-A0D5404CDDFE.jpeg
Couldn't you send screen shots of the app

I’m going to send this also

Reactions: Msjulie
I was wondering this too while I got a quote from Progressive yesterday, but I did not proceed with the company becaz they gave a $784 for 6 months for Model 3 and Odyssey but at the end of the signing I found the links to tiny fonts terms that says discounts they gave $777 discounts for first time signing up online and its only for 6 months after that my cost would be double, just an head up

Have you looked into TeslaFi? This online service tracks everything about your Tesla - each drive (location info), charging and charging costs and firmware versions and keeps your history. Free to try for two weeks and only $5 per month after. PM me for a referral to extend your trial from 2 to 4 weeks.

Here is a screenshot from my account:

upload_2018-11-9_22-46-46.png

Reactions: BobAbooey
I've never worked with them but just remember it's only a deal if you need to use them and they give you good service. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Amica is fantastic to work with when you have a claim. I speak from experience with them on both Home and Auto. They call asking if you need anything 'else'.

For us they are not the cheapest, but they are also not the worst on pricing. We have Amica still.

Reactions: Big Dog
Progressive insurance said they would give a insurance discount if I could show that the car can be track via the app. They said the VIN does not show we can track it so I will need show some kind proof. Does anyone know where I can get even a screenshot of information showing we can track the cars location? I checked the owners manual but nothing about the app in there.

Thanks for posting this! I have been with Progressive for about 5 years and will definitely contact them about this discount. Do you mind telling us what sort of discount (5% or whatever) they ended up giving you and was the screenshot of the app functionality sufficient to get the discount approved? Thanks again!

F4B1344F-774D-4008-B676-EC5C9C9C1DBC.jpeg
Thanks for posting this! I have been with Progressive for about 5 years and will definitely contact them about this discount. Do you mind telling us what sort of discount (5% or whatever) they ended up giving you and was the screenshot of the app functionality sufficient to get the discount approved? Thanks again!

Email [email protected]
put in the subject line: policy # vehicle tracking

Just put a short message some like this...

“Here is some info on the Tesla vehicle tracking that is on my car, I called Progressive today and they told me to email this info so I can hopefully get a discount on my Tesla Model 3 that is on my Policy”

I added this Apple App Store screenshot and a link to YouTube showing the tracking working

I also recorded the screen on my iPhone showing it working on my car as I was driving ..