Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rob_A

Sep 28, 2022
UK
Hello fellow members
I am having to reset my model S almost every week, often each time I want to use the app, because it won't work, it just shows the car shimmering grey.
Are any of you experiencing this as well.?
Is there a known fix for this.?
Best regards
Rob

Hello fellow members
I am having to reset my model S almost every week, often each time I want to use the app, because it won't work, it just shows the car shimmering grey.
Are any of you experiencing this as well.?
Is there a known fix for this.?
Best regards
Rob
The shimmering is just the new graphic they display while the app is trying to connect so I don't think that in itself is significant. The problem is that the phone cannot connect or more likely if you have a good internet connection on the phone tesla are unable to contact the car.

The first question is is it a waking up problem? if you wake up the car by going out to it or leaving it on Sentry mode then are you then able to contact the car? if if so then the problem is that the car won't wake up.

If the problem persists when the car is definitely awake then does the car have connectivity generally if you are in the car?

If you connect the car to WIFI and keep it awake does that solve the issue? if so then looks like a problem with cellular connectivity.

either way if resets of the car and app have not worked then sounds like a service request. but the above answers might help Tesla diagnose it.

Reactions: boombap
Hello,
Thanks for all of the responses. In reply, I see the problem whether I'm at home or away, so WiFi? I sometimes use a VPN, but it's to my home country of the UK. And problems occur with or without VPN on. When I go out to the car to perform reset, I can't use app until after reset. I will check service section to look for sim upgrade. Once again for your replies.
Rob