Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Arachnid silver $2750

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CD0FDCC6-090C-45AC-9926-54ABD695D604.jpeg
Up for sale is a set of brand new 21" Tesla custom forged staggered silver Arachnid wheels. These one-of-a-kind wheels are not available for sale at Tesla store and only available as part of the referral program.

• These custom wheels are not sold in Tesla store.
• Wheels are 8.6 lbs lighter in front and 9.5 lbs in rear wheel for a total reduction of 36.2 lbs of unsprung weight compare to the 21" Turbine wheels
• Arachnid wheels are equipped in the Tesla that sets the record 0-60 time.
2017 Tesla Model S P100D First Test: A New Record - 0-60 MPH in 2.28 Seconds! - Motor Trend

Specification:
• 21″ Arachnid Wheel
•Size: 21 X 8.5″ front,21 X 9.0″ rear.
•Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
•PCD: 5X120
•Center Bore: 64.1mm
•Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
•Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.
•Weight: 26.5 lb front, 28.5 lb rear

•Wheel caps
•Tesla OEM performance tires (Front: 245/35 ZR21, Back: 265/35 ZR21).Michelin
•Tesla TPMS

Sorry no shipping. Local pickup in Los Angeles.
At the service center.

If someone wants only ONE wheel/tire. as a spare. $1000 each wheel

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I know it sounds weird. But for anyone who has these wheels it’s a lot more to buy a replacement wheel from tesla and also never know how quickly they can get it for you.
If I break up the set for individual sale I may not even be able to sell more than One whee/tire. So that explains the price adjustment.

Last edited:
Would you consider selling a pair consisting of one front and one rear without tires or TPMS? If so, please let me know (here publicly or through private message) your asking price. I'm also in LA so can pick up if we reach an agreement. Many thanks.

Ok this are the potential option for sale:

One tire/wheel. $1000
Two tire/wheel(front and back) $1750
Two wheel only ( front and back) $1250
One wheel only $850
Full set wheel/tire/tmps/caps. $2750

Sorry no shipping
Local Los Angeles/orangecounty

If you guys are coming from 19's or 21's squared, please make sure to tell Tesla to adjust your alignment and suspensions accordingly. I had one on my P85D for 3 months and 1800 miles and they were beyond worn out. This is my commuter car, and I don't even drive it hard anymore and this is what it looked like. Just be safe
2018-03-06_10-59-58.jpg

If you guys are coming from 19's or 21's squared, please make sure to tell Tesla to adjust your alignment and suspensions accordingly. I had one on my P85D for 3 months and 1800 miles and they were beyond worn out. This is my commuter car, and I don't even drive it hard anymore and this is what it looked like. Just be safeView attachment 285280

Wow! The Tesla service advisor did warn that the tires on these wheels (the rears in particular) are prone to inside edge wear despite the best setup that Tesla can do, but, this is pretty bad.

If you guys are coming from 19's or 21's squared, please make sure to tell Tesla to adjust your alignment and suspensions accordingly. I had one on my P85D for 3 months and 1800 miles and they were beyond worn out. This is my commuter car, and I don't even drive it hard anymore and this is what it looked like. Just be safeView attachment 285280
That is incredible for 1800 miles! Are you running the suspension in the low setting? Air suspension in low will wear the inside of the tires excessively but that is amazing unless an alignment issue. Even coming from a non staggered setup shouldn’t cause that. The rolling diameter of the 245/45/19 and 245/35/21 inch wheels are almost identical, with the 265/35/21 rears being only slightly taller.

I've had HRE 21's with the unplugged lowering links prior to this set up, and ran those for 10k miles with no issues. My SC I was the 2nd person that had this issue. Hopefully nobody gets hurt, and hopefully it was just a few one offs and not a bad batch of tires.
What tires were you running with the same suspension setup that you were able to get 10,000 miles on?

What are the correct alignment settings for staggered 21" wheels on a P85D?

Do you have air suspension or coils on your P85D?

If air suspension were you running it on Standard or Low?

Were you running stock suspension? Or lowered suspension with the Unplugged lowering links?

The only time I've seen rear tires wear out like that was on my buddy's 2014 P85+ with staggered 21" Turbine wheels... but he got ~ 8,000 miles on soft super sticky Michelin Pilot Sport tires...

that reminds me, I have to have this done. Went from 21" to 19"...