Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla asking for SC location suggestions, on Twitter.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, they could finish fixing the gaps ...
(I have more than that)

Including some transitions:
(I have more than that)

And don't get me started on the US Numbered Highways. Lots of holes to fill.

But as for Maine, besides the Midcoast/Camden, ME now-it's-coming-now-it-isn't the North could do with some love.
(Efficiency Maine has some RFPs out now for charging along US-1 all the way to Fort Kent).

1662724175587.png

• Love
Reactions: kayak1
Well, they could finish fixing the gaps ...
(I have more than that)

Including some transitions:
(I have more than that)

And don't get me started on the US Numbered Highways. Lots of holes to fill.

But as for Maine, besides the Midcoast/Camden, ME now-it's-coming-now-it-isn't the North could do with some love.
(Efficiency Maine has some RFPs out now for charging along US-1 all the way to Fort Kent).

View attachment 850635
Respond to the Twitter post, so Tesla sees it.

I just noticed, just because a town comes up in the location search it doesn't mean that you can vote for it. It looks like there is nothing in Western MA or in Maine on the voting list. Bennington VT is available so I voted for that and I also voted for a couple of sites in Nova Scotia because I'd like to go to Cape Breton which isn't doable right now. I also voted for Provincetown just because there aren't any choices available that I think will be useful, the Cape is already well covered so Provincetown doesn't enable anything although it is nice to have a Supercharger at a destination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tdreamer
I just noticed, just because a town comes up in the location search it doesn't mean that you can vote for it. It looks like there is nothing in Western MA or in Maine on the voting list. Bennington VT is available so I voted for that and I also voted for a couple of sites in Nova Scotia because I'd like to go to Cape Breton which isn't doable right now. I also voted for Provincetown just because there aren't any choices available that I think will be useful, the Cape is already well covered so Provincetown doesn't enable anything although it is nice to have a Supercharger at a destination.
You can only vote for locations Tesla put on the map for voting - presumably locations that gathered sufficient nominations from the twitter request for nominations, but I don't think anyone outside of Tesla knows for sure. The process seems to be headed for a recurring (annual?) vote as input to the site development process along the metrics based and property owner requested site development list. Only Tesla knows how they weight the owner voted sites vs. the other two. Regardless, it's nice to have Tesla soliciting owner feedback.

The process seems to be headed for a recurring (annual?) vote as input to the site development process along the metrics based and property owner requested site development list.
It is quarterly. From the voting home page: Supercharger Voting | Tesla

How It Works​

Vote on Tesla’s next Supercharger site. Every 3-month voting cycle, you can cast multiple votes to help us decide on new Supercharger locations. Check the leaderboard to see which proposed locations are most popular.

And you can suggest sites for the next quarterly vote at any time: Suggest Superchargers | Tesla

Reactions: Tdreamer
I have asked that Eastern Maine Electric Cooperative Inc · 21 Union St, Calais, ME 04619 be included in the next Supercharger vote.
Eastern Maine Electric Cooperative Inc
21 Union St, Calais, ME 04619

They have a good size parking lot, and it's in downtown Calais next door to the visitors center.

It's the far end of RT1 before you cross over into Canada.

For Maine, I think Machias, ME would be a better add as together with Baileyville, ME that would fully open up Washington County and Campobello Island, NB.

It's 64.3 miles from Machias, ME to Baileyville, ME if you follow US-1 all the way.
It's 58.3 miles form Machias, ME to the Ferry Point bridge in Calais, ME following US-1.

Since there's already Baileyville, ME, maybe St Stephen, NB would be better than Calais, ME.

But there's also Northern Maine that still requires crossing to Canada. Houlton, ME at the Hannaford would help some avoid border crossings.

For Maine, I think Machias, ME would be a better add as together with Baileyville, ME that would fully open up Washington County and Campobello Island, NB.

It's 64.3 miles from Machias, ME to Baileyville, ME if you follow US-1 all the way.
It's 58.3 miles form Machias, ME to the Ferry Point bridge in Calais, ME following US-1.

Since there's already Baileyville, ME, maybe St Stephen, NB would be better than Calais, ME.

But there's also Northern Maine that still requires crossing to Canada. Houlton, ME at the Hannaford would help some avoid border crossings.

In the past pre-covid, I have spent a bunch of time kayaking in the Eastport Lubec area. Being able to charge in the USA and not having to cross the boarder would be great.

I suggested the location as this is the parking lot of the electric co-op. It looks like they have 3 phase power.

I would rather find a location in Eastport or Lubec, I didn't see a location that would be much better than this location for the area.

Houlton, ME wouldn't help this area, I do agree that it's a location that requires a charger.

Tesla findus has added Windham, ME for Q1 2023.
There are already Chargepoint chargers (which I've used) at the Hannaford at the Windham Mall in north Windham.
It's on US-302. 3.6 miles from the intersection with US-202, but if you're heading west or farther along US-202 you can take Maine state routes there and back to US-202 for a smaller diversion.

Last edited:

Provincetown was added to Tesla's FIND US coming in Q3 2023.