Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla asking to confirm availability through New year's.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received an email from Tesla that takes me to a page where I choose days I am unavailable to accept delivery. It includes Christmas day..

I'm worried about listing Christmas, but know my wife will kill me if delivery interferes with the festivities.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191217-054016.png
    Screenshot_20191217-054016.png
    381.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
This may be related to the information floating around that Tesla is extending delivery windows on a given day. This may be a way to figure out who can come at those early / late times.

What was the time windows it let you pick?

In another thread, the screenshot states deliveries from 6am - Midnight.

This sounds on par with how it was last year as far as hours. Recall members mention picking up really late at night and the Team being there til midnight. We didn’t get a choice of appt times either, mine was at 10:30am I think. We checked in and waited to meet our DA, brief intro and taken to our car. Given time to look over when we noted any issues we saw, he took pictures, we took pictures, after about 10 minutes maybe, asked if we were ready to do paperwork. Also made sure I had all parts of mobile charging kit ( and adapters that were to be included). Also made sure I had and knew where tow hook was. My Monroney Sticker was in the back seat area so looked that over to verify pertinent info. If we needed more time they would start on next appt. Sat down and did paperwork (read over numbers and verify what you are buying, make sure VIN matches your car), finalized payment and handed my keys. Went pretty smoothly.

Drove my car to some open parking lot space where I took time getting acquainted with the car (a bit different than our MS). Checked turn signals and head and brake lights worked, reviewed setting I’d likely need in drive home so I wasn’t trying to find while driving. Set a radio station and other Tunein channels I might want to listen to. Set my regen braking option (btw Tesla recommends in Manual for those driving on snowy/ice conditions to set to “Low” not Standard for better traction in these conditions). My phone was hooked up (via Tesla phone cables that were provided at time...option now that wireless charging has become popular) so I could use phone via car to talk to my husband in his car on the way home. Stopped at a Supercharger to make sure my charge port worked and car could charge (establish this early).

I was so nervous driving home and knew my car wasn’t able to go for PPF for a few weeks so hoped to avoid rock debris from the road. All in all was a pretty smooth delivery and trip home. There have been so many more improvements/additions to the cars’ software since I got my car. I hope everyone is reading their manual ahead of time. If you have a USB drive purchased already (strongly suggest), format it with FAT32 (windows users have used 3rd party software to get this formatting) and set up the root TeslaCam folder on it (see Manual), and plug it in. The red light on the Camera icon will be visible indicating its On. Read the manual to understand how it operates. You just never know what you’ll encounter on the road or parking your car (sentry mode — activated when car is parked — needs to be set up thru car app).

Hope everyone has a good delivery experience and safe, fun drive home.