Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla at Costco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People will drive across town burning a quart of fuel and half an hour of time to save $.05 a gallon... most people can't do basic math. If you make 50K a year your time is worth $0.40 PER MINUTE, if 100K (obviously) $0.80 PER MIN. One of the reasons I value my time off vs Overtime money is I know how much my time off is worth :) It is worth a hell of a lot more than the money I save by sitting in line to save a few cents.

If you ENJOY mowing your own lawn, or working on cars (like I do) it makes sense to do it yourself... if you don't enjoy it and make a good income pay someone else to do the things you don't enjoy doing. Hell, I don't enjoy pluming or carpentry so it would be worth it for me to work a day of Overtime vs doing a day of work on my house.

Keith
Lol….my wife has been saying that for a long time. And I finally caved last week and hired someone to mow our lawn, it took them 15 mins for something that takes me an or hour or so. Felt so good to relax and not worry about all the time spent with mowing the lawn.

I regret not getting the larger battery pack in my Ryobi electric riding mower. They had two battery options and the smaller one was rated for 1.5 acres... I have 7/8 acre and figured this would be fine... but mulching takes more power than side discharge. When the batteries were NEW I could mow the entire lawn and have power left, now after a few years I have to stop 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through and charge up the mower again, or use my EGO electric push mower to finish up the job.

Keith
You can always install bigger batteries. They use 4 batteries in series for 48v, but from what I read online, you can put any sized AH in there because the battery tray is universal. I have the 100AH version and definitely do not need the 100AH, and will likely downsize to 75AH when they need to be replaced in a few years.

Reactions: Dogeftw