Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Band now available for Model 3 key fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
49B1600F-2FD7-428D-81A0-F65456B425B7.png
550DA322-1306-41DE-8E79-A062DBC228A0.png

Reactions: TD_alseT
I think this is intended as a significant profit center. I got my wife a Model 3 key fob to deal with those circumstances where the phone won’t open the door. I was astonished that it didn’t come with a lanyard. Fortunately, I have a Model X and a spare set of keys so I was able to take the lanyard from my second Model X key and put it on the Model 3 fob. The Model X lanyard probably costs about 50 cents to make but it works great. I ams sure the new ones don’t cost much to make either but they seem more substantive - hence the unbelievable price tag.

E2D3212C-5227-4CA2-A426-00D8786C700F.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-3_8-50-37.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-3_8-50-37.jpeg
    364.2 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: YisSerL
I think this is intended as a significant profit center. I got my wife a Model 3 key fob to deal with those circumstances where the phone won’t open the door. I was astonished that it didn’t come with a lanyard. Fortunately, I have a Model X and a spare set of keys so I was able to take the lanyard from my second Model X key and put it on the Model 3 fob. The Model X lanyard probably costs about 50 cents to make but it works great. I ams sure the new ones don’t cost much to make either but they seem more substantive - hence the unbelievable price tag.

View attachment 374148

Including a string lanyard would have been nice but I don’t see significant profit center associated with an $18 fob band, premium packaging and free delivery.

Including a string lanyard would have been nice but I don’t see significant profit center associated with an $18 fob band, premium packaging and free delivery.
No. I agree. I was just being sarcastic. I was however truly annoyed that the key did not come with a key ring and do find it astonishing that the official product solution is $18 on top of a $150 key fob.