TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Body Shop in Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by billluo, Feb 27, 2019.

1. billluo

billluo New Member

Does anyone know a reliable Tesla body shop in Raleigh/Durham area? I asked Caliber Collision in Raleigh but they said that they are no longer working on Teslas. According to Tesla Approved Body Shop list, the closest one is in Charlotte. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

2. SigNC

SigNC Active Member

Let me know if you find one, i need a door adjusted.

3. Skateboardgolf

Don’t waste your time. 3 years ago, the Tesla-approved body shop in Raleigh estimated $4600 for a job I later paid $1200 for. A car is a car. Just find a shop with a good reputation. Good luck.

4. SigNC

SigNC Active Member

5. Skateboardgolf

It was the nearest body shop approved by USAA insurance; RJG Collision & Auto repair on 6215 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27606.
    They did a great job repairing a small ding above my rear wheel.
    The "Tesla-approved" body shop (Paragon) however, wanted to rip off the entire back end of the car, and replace everything, which is major surgery. I didn't like that idea.

They did a great job. Good luck!

• Like x 1
  6. Enginerd

Enginerd Member

Keep in mind that working with aluminum body panels requires special techniques that must be trained, hence the Tesla body shop qualification process. Please post an update after you decide, in case I have a future need.

For general awareness, Tesla's body shop locator:
    Body Shop Support

7. SigNC

SigNC Active Member

Doesn't the F-150 have aluminum panels? if so, seems like a lot of shops should be familiar with a aluminum

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. RajS

RajS New Member

I have the same issue. There is no one in Triangle area to do the body work, I went to service king (concord) and seems like they have big backlog and lack of equipment to repair tesla M3. Got 8.5K quote to fix the drive side quater panel. ( seems like this one is steel, not aluminium). The guy has referred me to charlottle one which he said been doing tesla fixes long time. Its just so much pain to be tesla owner !

• Like x 1
  9. SigNC

SigNC Active Member

Just to circle back on this I took my car to HC Auto and Body in Raleigh to have the door adjusted. They did an amazing job and were super polite through the whole process.

• Helpful x 1