Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Bodyshop service period

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model S went to a Tesla certified bodyshop on 4/1/2017 and I have not received any reliable estimated service completion date yet from both Tesla service and the bodyshop. They have contacted me sporadically and gave me the update of the service but none of them were not able to tell me the estimated completion date. Also, I found big disconnects between them. The body shop told me they couldn't fix because some parts were not delivered yet but Tesla said all parts had been delivered. One day in the middle of April, Tesla told me 4/28 as ETD but the bodyshop didn't want to confirm. Last week, the bodyshop told me they had to send my car to Tesla service center because they can't handle the suspension damage.. After more than three weeks, they determined to send my car to the service center.... I wonder what they have done until then. As of today(5/5/2017), I am still in the dark... I know Tesla is working hard to improve the service but not sure you see any improvements. I have never hesitated to recommend model S to my friends but with this much uncertainty of the body service process, not sure if I did good things to my friends.

Any idea how long I should expect? It's a leased vehicle so I hope I have my car back before the lease completion day. ^^;