Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla brake caliper cleaning/lubrication

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can this service be done by any auto brake service station? Does it require any specific Tesla knowledge or equipment?
I have a 2020 Model Y.
The only additional info any auto service shop would need to lubricate the moving brake parts on your Model Y is that the rear electronic parking brakes (EPB) can be released by putting the car into Tow Mode on the car's Service screen. That will allow them to unbolt the rear EPB bolts and rotate it out of the way to pull out the brake pads. Once the EPB is released I like to unplug the connector going to it so that the car cannot activate it again while it is out of the way.
Other than that there's not much difference in the brakes compared to other cars. The only other tip would be to use the same grease (or a compatible one) as specified by Tesla in the service manual. If I remember correctly (I bookmarked it on Amazon), the service manual called for CRC 05361 Silaramic Brake System Grease.

Can this service be done by any auto brake service station? Does it require any specific Tesla knowledge or equipment?

Yes.
I flushed the brake fluid on my TM3P last year without any trouble.
100% as you would on any other car.

I have a 2020 Model Y.

Don't forget to flush the brake fluid - it's long overdue by now.
That is, if you care about coming to a stop in an emergency. Optional otherwise.

HTH,
a

Reactions: btcutter