Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Branded Front Glass Roof Sun Shade On 2021 Doesn’t Fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My front Tesla roof shade is slightly oversized for my 2021 M3 LR. I’ve made do by letting the excess push the rear two corners down, and it’s not noticeable unless you are looking for it. That said, not thrilled for the cost. I might stop by the SC and see what they think.

Shade was manufactured late 2020.

In my opinion, a lot of the "official" accessories are a poor fit. I ended up returning the weather mats because they obviously don't account for the carpeted foot rest on the 2021 model. The trunk liner was a poor fit, and I didn't even bother with the frunk.

The 3M paint protection film was an absolute disaster. Not only is it not cut properly, but I had to use a heat gun on very stubborn corners. Good thing I had that, because Tesla sure didn't mention me needing it.

I ended up replacing everything with 3rd party components (mud flaps included). It's amazing how everything just... fits.

Agree on the trunk liner, but I'm really happy with my interior liners.

Tim
You talking about the official all-weather mats? The driver's side mat doesn't cover the footrest. I believe the older Model 3 models had a rubber footrest, but the 2021 model is just bare carpet. Since the mat doesn't cover it, your foot basically rests on the carpet.

Based on my experience with my previous car, that spot tends to be the dirtiest spot in the whole car.

Reactions: Ron_M3
You talking about the official all-weather mats? The driver's side mat doesn't cover the footrest. I believe the older Model 3 models had a rubber footrest, but the 2021 model is just bare carpet. Since the mat doesn't cover it, your foot basically rests on the carpet.

Based on my experience with my previous car, that spot tends to be the dirtiest spot in the whole car.

Yes - I actually wanted a half-height mat for aesthetic reasons.

Tim

3CB7D394-1271-4F51-803A-6BCBC92690CF.jpeg

Tim, if you don’t mind my asking, where did you get the dead pedal? Looks great.

Thank you! I got the pedal on Amazon. Note it's designed for the plastic covered dead pedal, due to the tape on the back. If you have a '20 or newer with the carpeted dead pedal, you can peel off the tape and replace with Velcro like I did.

Tim

Thanks, Tim. I had bought a dead pedal shortly after I got the car, but the black strips are just textured tape. After a few months they wore through and look horrible. I can see on yours they use rubber similar to the factory accelerator and brake pedals.

Just ordered.

Thanks again.

Reactions: TBrownTX
For what it's worth, I bought the gray Basenor one from Amazon (with sun reflection inserts) and the frame for front roof fit my 2021 Model 3 SR+ (delivered last day of 2020). Was going to wait until there is a version that guaranteed fits, but given the low price I figured even if it doesn't fit properly, was going buy it just to tide me over, and the results were better than expected. The frame doesn't bow like the black one others have tried in the Amazon reviews. The front one's fabric droops down a bit in the middle, but it may have installed been installed upside down (will try reinstalling other direction when I have the chance). I'll try to take a picture when I have the chance.

Even if the droop is due to improper fit, it's better than expected. The clip that goes in the center beam is a bit tough to install, have to pull down on center beam and insert corner of clip to slip it in (otherwise there is no gap between glass and center beam for clip to fit).

The rear shade also fits no problem, but others have reported already the rear doesn't seem to be the problem.

I bought it when the listing was $39.99 and description was: "Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades with Skylight Reflective Covers Set of 4 2021 Upgarde (Gray)", Manufacturer Part Number: CA130-PA, ASIN: B08K3D2ZJ4, UNSPSC Code: 25174400.

The problem is the link has now changed to $54.99, and it says now it is not compatible with 2021 (same as with what it said for black version previously):
https://www.amazon.com/BASENOR-Sunshade-Skylight-Reflective-Upgarde/dp/B08JLF1CY9

Only the UAE website seems to show the description I saw (where it says "Fit all of Tesla Model 3."), although for the black one.
Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades with Skylight Reflective Covers Set of 4 2021 Upgarde: Buy Online at Best Price in UAE - Amazon.ae

I found a google cache link to the old price, but the description has changed already.
Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades with Skylight Reflective Covers Set of 4 (Not fit 2021 Model 3) (Gray)

For what it's worth, I bought the gray Basenor one from Amazon (with sun reflection inserts) and the frame for front roof fit my 2021 Model 3 SR+ (delivered last day of 2020). Was going to wait until there is a version that guaranteed fits, but given the low price I figured even if it doesn't fit properly, was going buy it just to tide me over, and the results were better than expected. The frame doesn't bow like the black one others have tried in the Amazon reviews. The front one's fabric droops down a bit in the middle, but it may have installed been installed upside down (will try reinstalling other direction when I have the chance). I'll try to take a picture when I have the chance.

Even if the droop is due to improper fit, it's better than expected. The clip that goes in the center beam is a bit tough to install, have to pull down on center beam and insert corner of clip to slip it in (otherwise there is no gap between glass and center beam for clip to fit).

The rear shade also fits no problem, but others have reported already the rear doesn't seem to be the problem.

I bought it when the listing was $39.99 and description was: "Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades with Skylight Reflective Covers Set of 4 2021 Upgarde (Gray)", Manufacturer Part Number: CA130-PA, ASIN: B08K3D2ZJ4, UNSPSC Code: 25174400.

The problem is the link has now changed to $54.99, and it says now it is not compatible with 2021 (same as with what it said for black version previously):
Amazon.com: BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades with Skylight Reflective Covers Set of 4 (Not fit 2021 Model 3): Automotive

Only the UAE website seems to show the description I saw (where it says "Fit all of Tesla Model 3."), although for the black one.
Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades with Skylight Reflective Covers Set of 4 2021 Upgarde: Buy Online at Best Price in UAE - Amazon.ae

I found a google cache link to the old price, but the description has changed already.
Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades with Skylight Reflective Covers Set of 4 (Not fit 2021 Model 3) (Gray)
Currently unavailable