Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla bringing new towing software capability to the Cybertruck, perhaps to the X as well?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

https://electrek.co/2020/02/21/tesla-cybertruck-high-tech-ui-make-towing-better/

Elon tweeted that when towing with the CT the display “will also show real-time changes to max acceleration, braking, cornering, speed on gradient & range, latter factoring in route elevation changes & cargo or tow mass & drag impact”.

As someone who tows with an X, that all sounds great. And if the Cybertruck will have those software capabilities I would think Tesla could add them to the X software as well.

X already does most of those things. It re-estimates range and consumption in almost real time, as you travel down the road towing something heavy. It can also discover when a trailer is attached by the extra torque needed to travel the first distances.

Of course, other capabilities might be added in the future, expecially after the CyberTruck get released.

X already does most of those things. It re-estimates range and consumption in almost real time, as you travel down the road towing something heavy. It can also discover when a trailer is attached by the extra torque needed to travel the first distances.
I am aware of all that, as I have been towing my 17 ft 2,000 lb trailer for two years now. But its range estimates when towing are simply not sufficiently accurate. There is a lot of room for improvement.