Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Bug Report HelpLess

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many new Tesla owners, I would like to help Tesla improve.
But Tesla Bug Report doesn’t seem to be willing to listen.
So I just list out my issues so other drivers in Hong Kong can take note.
1) the car may suddenly slow down when in auto drive and without any outside stimulus (ie speed drop from 75km/hr to 30km/hr)
2) the computer may suddenly crash when in Drive mode (it happened once when I just put in D mode and ready to drive off)
3) the computer may suddenly turn off when I enter the car. It doesn’t appear to be responding to any switches not buttons

Have you looked at the Tesla Autonomy Day video on you tube?
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbgtGQIygZQ
Very informative, long, and in English but tells you how they collect the data to improve problems and driving difficulties.
I would encourage you to keep on using the voice command button (upper right on the steering wheel) and say "Bug Report" and tell it brielfy what you have observed at the time you noticed it, and it will get flagged for the engineers. Sometimes it will say "thank you for your report" but now always. They will down load the video and logs and see what happened- the volume of trouble reports will get their attention.
I too have had the MCU screen turn off suddently or some aspect of the car freeze. There are a number of resets you can do to restore the car and you can keep on driving if you wish. Bug Report!

...1) the car may suddenly slow down when in auto drive and without any outside stimulus (ie speed drop from 75km/hr to 30km/hr)...

It is not that they don't listen. This is the radar problem that people have been trying to solve since 1935 or the past 84 years.

...the computer may suddenly crash when in Drive mode (it happened once when I just put in D mode and ready to drive off)...

That's the nature of computer. They do crash so drivers need to learn how to reboot them.

That's why in a critical system, they would have a backup, redundancy...

For Tesla, its backup and redundancy is human who knows how to reboot.