Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla builtin Subwoofer wiring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if you have a MX with subwoofer on the car does the Amplifier for the subwoofer on the back by the subwoofer box or on the front of the car? Also if I tap to the subwoofer amp input will it be line input. What is the color wires of this line input to the subwoofer amp?
I am getting external additional subwoofer and amplifier to hook to the car stereo system. I just need more bass.
My questions is do I need to get a speaker input converter to line input for the subwoofer amp or I can just tap directly to the M3 subwoofer line input? I anyone have this done please share with me.

This should help you out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 8.26.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 8.26.28 PM.png
    520.7 KB · Views: 2,339
Reactions: MrTeaUSA
Anyone know if you have a MX with subwoofer on the car does the Amplifier for the subwoofer on the back by the subwoofer box or on the front of the car? Also if I tap to the subwoofer amp input will it be line input. What is the color wires of this line input to the subwoofer amp?
I am getting external additional subwoofer and amplifier to hook to the car stereo system. I just need more bass.
My questions is do I need to get a speaker input converter to line input for the subwoofer amp or I can just tap directly to the M3 subwoofer line input? I anyone have this done please share with me.

After testing around with the wiring and the diagram, I found the wires for the subwoofer output to the back of the speaker. It is the Blue and Black wires pair and thicker gauge. This Amp output is located under the Steering console to the left side.
I am trying to find the wire that turn off the radio when the power is off to the radio since Tesla does not have ACC wire.
I test the blue wire (1-11 pin) for On and Off signal but always have power even when the radio is off and door is locked and leave the car.
Any help know which wire to tap to that turn on when the power to the radio is on so I can turn on my AMP power. .

After testing around with the wiring and the diagram, I found the wires for the subwoofer output to the back of the speaker. It is the Blue and Black wires pair and thicker gauge. This Amp output is located under the Steering console to the left side.
I am trying to find the wire that turn off the radio when the power is off to the radio since Tesla does not have ACC wire.
I test the blue wire (1-11 pin) for On and Off signal but always have power even when the radio is off and door is locked and leave the car.
Any help know which wire to tap to that turn on when the power to the radio is on so I can turn on my AMP power. .

this is important. I am looking for a “acc” type signal as well for the amp. I ended up leaving my amp on all the time and ended up draining the 12v battery of its “life cycles” Tesla ranger is going to be swapping it out for a new one this week.

I have tested several places for switched 12v battery power. Currently I am using the 12v outlet on the center console as remote turn on for my Amp. It turn power on when you open the door and unlocked the car and it turn off a few minutes after you locked the car. It works great for me. I even put the kill switch just in case I want to turn off the Amp completed and just use the factory speakers. I am still looking for switched 12volt wires that will turn on when the music is playing.