Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Buys Maxwell Technologies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like it times out well with the response he gave during the earnings call to the question about putting the Model 3 cells in the re-refreshed Model S/X.

He didn't say no or try to explain why the existing cells were the most cost effective option for the design (which is what you would do if you planned to keep the same cells) instead he said specifically that they can't comment on new tech. That to me coupled with this acquisition tells me they've got something large in store for the re-refreshed S/X that is more than the lame sideways display from the Model 3 but more than likely an all-new power storage technology in their flagship vehicles.

I for one am excited because ICE car supporters don't seem to realize that the current version of the EV is but a rudimentary first draft and will improve leaps and bounds moving forward given the tech growth of the segment. I feel that this acquisition and the likely patent portfolio that comes with it will usher in some of these advancements.

I feel like it times out well with the response he gave during the earnings call to the question about putting the Model 3 cells in the re-refreshed Model S/X.

He didn't say no or try to explain why the existing cells were the most cost effective option for the design (which is what you would do if you planned to keep the same cells) instead he said specifically that they can't comment on new tech. That to me coupled with this acquisition tells me they've got something large in store for the re-refreshed S/X that is more than the lame sideways display from the Model 3 but more than likely an all-new power storage technology in their flagship vehicles.

I for one am excited because ICE car supporters don't seem to realize that the current version of the EV is but a rudimentary first draft and will improve leaps and bounds moving forward given the tech growth of the segment. I feel that this acquisition and the likely patent portfolio that comes with it will usher in some of these advancements.
Hey, careful now. Who you callin' lame? lol

Dan