Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cam recent videos (always 1 clip)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try partitioning and formatting “differently”.

I was using Windows with 3rd party tool and it was very unstable. Then I used a Mac and no problem.

There are several variables to formatting and I think tools default them different and Tesla does not handle every variation.

Also you can try a different flash drive but my guess is more likely formatting.

Try partitioning and formatting “differently”.

I was using Windows with 3rd party tool and it was very unstable. Then I used a Mac and no problem.

There are several variables to formatting and I think tools default them different and Tesla does not handle every variation.

Also you can try a different flash drive but my guess is more likely formatting.
I format it via window 3rd party. Since my drive is 128gb only 3rd party can partition it to fat32 not far32ext.

I format it via window 3rd party. Since my drive is 128gb only 3rd party can partition it to fat32 not far32ext.

Same here. And that’s exactly what was breaking it for me. Find another way. Find a friend with a Mac. Or find a different tool.

BTW I used same 3rd party tool for 2 other cars for years. The Tesla didn’t like it. But it liked how the Mac partitioned it. Not sure if it was partitioning or formatting or both.

You could also try a small usb drive (I think it’s under 32gb) and try Windows native Fat32. Just as I test.

Same here. And that’s exactly what was breaking it for me. Find another way. Find a friend with a Mac. Or find a different tool.

BTW I used same 3rd party tool for 2 other cars for years. The Tesla didn’t like it. But it liked how the Mac partitioned it. Not sure if it was partitioning or formatting or both.

You could also try a small usb drive (I think it’s under 32gb) and try Windows native Fat32. Just as I test.
Window doesn't format 128gb drive to fat32 thsts why I used 3rd party.
Anybody else can help?

Window doesn't format 128gb drive to fat32 thsts why I used 3rd party.
Anybody else can help?

You’re having real hard time understanding this aren’t you.

I have 128gb.

Windows 3rd party tools don’t always work with Tesla !!!

I ran into the exact same issue !!

It was the 3rd party tool DID NOT WORK WITH TESLA. PERIOD. TOTALLY REPEATABLE. SAME SIZE DRIVE. WORKS PERFECTLY NOW.

Find a different 3rd party tool there are a bunch of them. Or different OS