Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if my Tesla Model X 2022 took a "Stupid" pill, but I have owned the car since August 2022 and always used the iPhone as the "key." Until 2 days ago. Then it began asking for my Tesla Card every time I drove it. I have not used the app, nor changed anything on the car screen. Strange because the car recognizes me when I get to the car, the door opens and the mirrors unfold, but won't allow me to drive until the card is used.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Rich

Not sure if my Tesla Model X 2022 took a "Stupid" pill, but I have owned the car since August 2022 and always used the iPhone as the "key." Until 2 days ago. Then it began asking for my Tesla Card every time I drove it. I have not used the app, nor changed anything on the car screen. Strange because the car recognizes me when I get to the car, the door opens and the mirrors unfold, but won't allow me to drive until the card is used.
Any idea how to fix this issue?
Thanks,
Rich
Some times a software update will cause the car to lose its phone as key configuration (happened twice for me). If that happens, just add the key again, just like the first time you added it. You will need a configured key card to do this though. One other thing to try first is make sure your phone is configured to use location services "Always." This is NOT the default condition. The default is "only when using (the app)."