Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla certified body shop estimate for quarter panel repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an estimate for repairing a scratch on quarter left panel. The estimate included the quarter panel glass replacement with the charge of the new glass. The guy stated they have to remove the glass to repair the quarter panel, and they may not reuse it after all and have to order a new one. Did someone repair the quarter panel on Model Y and if you know that it's not reusable?

I do not fully understand your question.

Are you are replacing the entire quarter panel for a scratch? If so, it would make some sense that the glass will have to be replaced because the quarter panel glass is glued on. When removed, it will likely be damaged.

What I cannot understand is why you are replacing the entire quarter panel for a scratch?

Upvote 0
Sounds like Tesla-Certified body shop typical scam to run up the insurance costs. I had a Tesla in similar situation, had two certified estimates for around 20k... took it to a non-certified shop that works on exotics and fixed for 4.5k

Upvote 0