Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla colorizer not working on 2014 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
This could look a bit silly as not an essential car feature, 😊 but does anyone knows if Colorizer is working on 2014 pre AP cars ? I just got an MCU2 upgrade and car illustration color is not matching anymore on some screens of the user interface.
I was hoping to solve this with the new colorizer feature but this is not appearing after the 2022.20.5 upgrade.

Thanks,
Nico.

I just got the update today. The option isn't there even though the update notes say it should be.

Attachments

• 20220718_173344.jpg
    20220718_173344.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 802
Upvote 0
Just got the confirmation from Tesla that the feature isn’t available for Pre-Refresh cars 🙁 They should not show it on update notes then. So frustrating…
Agreed. 8+ years strong (Dec 2013 build) with my Model S. Not going to upgrade anytime soon. I'll just wait until that upgrade eventually is forced upon me and I'll be in the boys club again with the cool new tricks.

Reactions: JLC13
Upvote 0
Not working here either. Adding insult to injury, I was looking forward to this tool because there seems to be a glitch with the software and for some time now, my original dark blue has been showing as two different kinds of blue throughout the system.

I would not be surprised if this glitch is somewhat related to the colorizer only being available for later models. Perhaps they are having issues with rendering some of the discontinued paint options and they don't want to have people changing the color of their car and being unable to reset to the original paint later on.

Upvote 0
Not working here either. Adding insult to injury, I was looking forward to this tool because there seems to be a glitch with the software and for some time now, my original dark blue has been showing as two different kinds of blue throughout the system.

I would not be surprised if this glitch is somewhat related to the colorizer only being available for later models. Perhaps they are having issues with rendering some of the discontinued paint options and they don't want to have people changing the color of their car and being unable to reset to the original paint later on.
The tech, working on my wheel config issue, mentioned that only the five current colors display properly in the center screen. All others are cartoon bright.

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc
Upvote 0

I have the exact same issue as you, original dark blue replace by this ultra bright blue on some screens. This is a real pity.

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc
Upvote 0
It's working for me fine on 2022. 20.6 on my 2017 S

Unders the software tab, the box in the top right (Just above "Sparky).

View attachment 830274 View attachment 830275

The release notes mentioned said "controls > software", so I was looking for a software section under controls, lol.

I ended up using the Toybox instead, but when I saw your pic I took a look and it's available where you're showing it as well. Thanks.

• Helpful
Reactions: jschimel
Upvote 0