Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Direct Drop Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased an existing inventory M3 SR+ with scheduled delivery this past Thursday. Got a call the day before they need to reschedule because the DMV didn't provide them with temporary license plates. Rescheduled for Saturday. Got an automated phone call on Friday morning confirming. Then Friday afternoon I get a text, not a phone call, (what if the text didn't go thru?) that they would have to delay again for the same reason. Called them back and no answer, left message, and they didn't call me back. Checked online and it shows tentative of March 2nd. Checked online again last night and tentative is now Mar 5th. What is going? Was my car damaged and needs body work? Is it not here yet? Never ever heard of the DMV issue they claim. It's just a piece a paper that you can go into any dealership today and drive out with a new car with those temporary license. Why is Tesla so different? Are they being upfront with me?