Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla drops Premium Connectivity Package in Australia to A$9.99

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla Owners club of Australia tweeted directly with Elon - he made the change within days. If Canada has such a group, now would be the time to do it. Strike while the iron is hot. Good Luck.
It should be Electrek who is publishing an article or something. Fred is Canadian and at least has Elon's attention, which may be a bad thing, they don't seem to get along.

Australia and New Zealand also convinced Elon to increase the number of people who had lifetime premium connectivity due to misleading information on the Tesla websites in those countries. When I purchased my M3 in March 2019 the Tesla Canada website indicated no end date to premium connectivity. This sounds exactly like Australia and New Zealand and Elon agreed with owners that this was misleading. I think the Canadian Tesla website has said a few different things, but yesterday it was again advertising connectivity with no end date. I have submitted a ticket to regain the lifetime connectivity that was advertised when I purchased my M3 and I have called Tesla customer service. I have been told that if enough Canadian customers get irritated this may change for Canada also. I believe things may be correctly displayed on the American Tesla website. Customer service was quite helpful once they realized Elon has already designated this as a mistake. There's a great news article on this from yesterday.

Reactions: Vegas
If a person goes onto the Tesla website (desktop version) and onto custom order for M3, there's a little button (two letters) in the top right hand corner that allows one to toggle between different countries. It's possible to see that premium connectivity is still being improperly advertised with no expiry in Canada. In other words, it appears as though the problem highlighted by Elon in Australia and New Zealand is clearly evident in Canada now.