Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Premium Connectivity - Is it really wort it ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S has Premium free for life but connectivity has gone since yesterday and other forum posts indicate there is a UK tech problem and Tesla are looking into it. No Spotify and no TuneIn yet the maps work.
I don't have DAB radio so TuneIn gets me any radio station.
Lifetime free Spotify is amazing.
So yes, when it works it's wort (sic) it!

IMO totally worthless.

I added it after almost a year without in advance of a road trip to Scotland, just to avoid having to link my phone hotspot every time and have the traffic colours on the map.

Result: the maps were incredibly slow to load and I had to revert to my hotspot. Apple Music was incredibly slow and buggy.

Tesla support refused to refund blaming EE, I actually had to charge them back via Amex. Shockingly poor service for an incredibly poor product.

Also, if you care about sound quality, it is better to stream Spotify from a recent phone via BT than using the built in app.
maybe that's the issue - my connectivity runs on the O2 network and is almost spotless, except in very specific cases

My S has Premium free for life but connectivity has gone since yesterday and other forum posts indicate there is a UK tech problem and Tesla are looking into it. No Spotify and no TuneIn yet the maps work.
I don't have DAB radio so TuneIn gets me any radio station.
Lifetime free Spotify is amazing.
So yes, when it works it's wort (sic) it!
issue with TuneIn is that with each passing year they have fewer and fewer stations. BBC announces they will soon come off air on tunein radio when you listen to them on that platform. it's a shame but I'm not sure who's at fault here

issue with TuneIn is that with each passing year they have fewer and fewer stations. BBC announces they will soon come off air on tunein radio when you listen to them on that platform. it's a shame but I'm not sure who's at fault here
That's disappointing news about BBC leaving Tunein. I will have to use BBC Sounds on my mobile and Bluetooth it over. My LTE came back yesterday after several days down but no car software update so not sure if it was a car issue or Network. The SIM holder has EE on the label. The Internet browser on my MCU1 with LTE takes so long to load it is of no use really. Just glad the LTE came back as the car is out of warranty.