Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy FAQ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see that Neur.io has the ability to detect appliances that are using power in your house by identifying the signature of the item, though the most recent video I watched said they had to pull 400 watts to be identified, but they expect to get better with time. Like the Sense product. But if you have the Neur.io product and it's really owned by Tesla is there a way to get that functionality? The way Tesla isn't willing to share the schematics of the power system you paid for, I imagine they are unwilling to share the password for the Neur.io.

-Randy
I noticed they mentioned that functionality on their site a while back. I tried installing Neurio's app but could never get registered. Let us know if you figure out a way to access this functionality!

Why couldn't TEG-xxx be the WiFi network the Neurio is factory paired with? I don't see any reason why it couldn't be or why it would need a hidden SSID. Just factory pair each Neurio with its gateway’s TEG-xxx and its unique (serial number) password.

I sure hope that's the case - otherwise the WiFi pollution this system generates is an embarrassment. Very un-Elon.
WiFi pollution is related to how many channels are active. Just because they use a different SSID doesn't mean they are using a separate channel. Anyway, it would be more logical for the Neurio to be the host and the Gateway to be the client for that connection. Also, I'm not sure how much signal really comes out of the metal box. If they're not using an external antenna for the WiFi, the signal can really only come out the small rectangular plastic panel on top of the box. I have to get pretty close to the Gateway enclosure to pick up the TEG-xxx WiFi signal.

WiFi pollution is related to how many channels are active. Just because they use a different SSID doesn't mean they are using a separate channel. Anyway, it would be more logical for the Neurio to be the host and the Gateway to be the client for that connection. Also, I'm not sure how much signal really comes out of the metal box. If they're not using an external antenna for the WiFi, the signal can really only come out the small rectangular plastic panel on top of the box. I have to get pretty close to the Gateway enclosure to pick up the TEG-xxx WiFi signal.

I wish my gateway was built like the Faraday Cage yours apparently is! Look at the plot below: I'm 5 feet LOS from my "Garage" access point, and 12 feet away from my enclosed TEG-B2A gateway. Also yesterday I moved the Garage network to channel 1 to avoid TEG-B2A which was on channel 6, but today I see it followed Garage to channel 1. Not sure what it's channel choosing algorithm is but it doesn't seem ideal.
Screenshot 2018-11-07 10.33.12.png

• Informative
Reactions: PBBear