Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla energy proposal question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the other incentive/Rebates? for 12k?
The panel is for Q-cells Q.PEAK DUO BLK-G5/SC 31-320, is it a good panel? compared to panasonic panel?

upload_2019-5-29_15-4-58.png

It is MA. I can't find incentive/rebate for $12K rebate. only $1K
I live in mass, installing soon, finally got town building permit. In mass, we get rebate from national grid thru the smart program. They pay you for creating clean energy. Also, they pay you for having energy storage. However, roi on the powerwall is not there, the 1 to 1 net metering really negates need for storage. I am getting 2 powerwalls and justifying as whole house generator. Simple math, cost is about $18k for the 2, minus 30% fed, it comes down to around $13k. National grid will give me a rebate check of about $800(16 kw annual production) a year for 10 years. Net cost is around $5k. Not terrible for a reliable backup.

Smart program pays you about 10 cent per kw you generate, so, on your 8,400 system, you get back about $840 annually for 10 years. So, you can see the roi for solar is pretty good.

Do research yourself. Here is the mass link and Tesla’s link to state savings or programs.

Solar Massachusetts Renewable Target (SMART) Program

Electric Vehicle & Solar Incentives

upload_2019-6-2_6-40-3.png
upload_2019-6-2_6-40-3.jpeg

What is the other incentive/Rebates? for 12k?
The panel is for Q-cells Q.PEAK DUO BLK-G5/SC 31-320, is it a good panel? compared to panasonic panel?

View attachment 413303
Just another note, my system is being installed on south side, perfect direction and angle. 39 panels, 12.87 system, generate 16,600 annual. Yours is 8.19 generation 8.4. Something is not adding up on yours, if ratio was same, you should be getting more like 11,000 annual. Maybe you have shade or have panels on roof sides where some panels not getting solar at parts of day.

I pushed Tesla for the Panasonic 330, the qpeak look better (black on black) but not as efficient as Panasonic. Really not much different if qpeak is now 320, they were 315 back in February when they presented those as option