Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla/EV charging cable Managament!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, everyone, I started my EV ownership in 2016 and for the longest time I had the biggest issue with the charging cable laying on ground and being tangle.
*I'm always worry that anyone coming to my house will trip over the cable at some point.
*The biggest fear for me was running the snow thrower into the charger cable and ruin it.

I spend a lot of time thinking about what is the best way to keep the charging cable out of the way and still function. Here is what I came up with and it's working. I hope this help anyone with similar issue. and it's very affordable.

Used 9ft fishing rod $5.99 at local goodwill ( new at Walmart for around $20)
Aluminum key chain ring $1.79 x6
zip tie
IMG_6861.JPG
IMG_6862.JPG
IMG_6863.JPG

Yes I see that but the problem is that, that unit you have to deal with the wire being tangle, laying on the ground while charging. During winter, you have to make sure it, out of the way before snow plow. I get what your saying. But I was not happy with what is currently on the market to meet my need.
I’m extremely happy with my devices and the cost. Function wise, I would say much better then the photo.