Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Fi Inaccurate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DDrawer

Mar 25, 2019
PA
I'm hoping some other Tesla Fi users can point me in the right direction here. I am aware of the setting which you can adjust if the recorded wh/mile readings Tesla Fi pulls are inaccurate. My wh/mile readings were always showing about 5% less than when my car display would show after a drive. So I bumped that setting up to 1.05 and it seemed to be correct after that.

upload_2020-8-3_15-29-0.png

BUT there seem to be other inaccuracies, and also after going on a 1610 mile road trip all of the data pulled seems to be incorrect.

I set my trip computer in the car prior to my road trip. At the end of the journey, it showed:
  • 1610 miles traveled
  • 445 kWh used
  • average of 277 wh/mi
Tesla Fi road trip search reported:
  • 1610 miles (good)
  • 1 Day 8 hours 7 minutes time driven
    • According to Google Maps I was driving for exactly 24 hours over the 3 days. Why does Tesla Fi have an extra 8 hours in there?
  • 407.51 kWh Used
    • 38 less than the car reports?
  • average of 253 Wh/mi
    • 24 wh/mi less than the car reports?
  • Super Charger costs reported as $72.68
    • Reality it only cost me $61.62
With pretty much all of the data-points inaccurate, I'm wondering what good Tesla Fi is to me. Is this just a matter of needing to adjust settings? Why doesn't Tesla Fi just pull this data from the car? It is linked via the token right?