Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Fremont Service Center Relocation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlatSix911

Porsche 918 Hybrid
Jun 15, 2015
Silicon Valley
upload_2018-6-20_18-57-44.png

Fremont Service | Tesla

Fremont Service
1220 Page Ave Fremont, CA 94538
Driving Directions Service (510) 249-3650
Roadside Assistance (877) 798-3752

Email
[email protected]

Service Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday closed

• Informative
Reactions: commasign and Tam
I'm going to bump this thread to report a positive service experience this week in Fremont.

First, I'd been pleased to get a call from a service rep the evening before. We went through my "concerns". I won't muddy this thread with those: see Software update failed, “Contact Tesla service” if you're interested.

Next, the loaner was a Model S 75D — from Enterprise so no AP or TACC, but still much better than ICE. I always seem to get ICE loaners.

Finally, they fixed the problem quickly. I'd been told by phone support, mobile service, and service reps that I should expect a wait of 3-5 days before a tech could start working on my car. But five hours after I dropped off the car, I saw an app notification from a successful software update. That meant they were already working on it, and one of my problems was fixed. I had a hunch it would fix the other problems too, and that hunch was right. The next day a text told me that I could pick up the car, just over 24-hr after I'd dropped it off. The quick turnaround was a very pleasant surprise. Maybe because it's the week after a major holiday, so maybe the SC is less busy than normal?

Anyway the problems with my vehicle seem to be fixed, and faster than expected. So overall I was pleased with the experience.

Of course there were some minor disappointments too. Opportunities for improvement, right? And I learned some tips that might help others visiting this SC.
  • The SC entrance at 1220 Page Ave isn't on Page Ave. It's on Kato Rd, just past Page. Ironically the car navigation gets this wrong.
  • Things were pretty disorganized in the service center parking lot. Just across the bay, the Santa Clara SC does a much better job of lining up new arrivals and separating customers from their vehicles. Maybe rotate some staff around, to spread know-how? I also think it would help to have signage directing loaners to the south side of the parking lot, so they'd be separated from the service arrivals on the north side. I finally just parked myself near the entrance, at one of the chargers under a sign reading "authorized vehicles only".
  • Things were pretty disorganized inside, too. There are no signs to tell arriving customers where to wait for a service rep (tip: wait at the desks inside the service area, not in the lounge). After the service rep talked to me, he put me on a list for a loaner. But he didn't tell the loaner folks he'd done that. So nothing happened for 15-20 minutes, when I sorted it out. This desk is inside the lounge, so make sure they know you're waiting for a loaner.
  • Enterprise loaners don't have TACC or AP. I thought about calling roadside assistance to ask for a trial, but didn't get around to it before my car was ready.
  • Tesla sent me a text the same day, which told me to expect daily updates. But I never received a status update. That missed a great opportunity to send me good news, since they finished a software update before the end of the day.