Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm gonna have to disagree about the homelink in the app... Least not on mine.

C9646C45-9A6A-415C-BC7D-F07E24295094.jpeg

See my post just prior to yours - FSD is not the reason Homelink shows in the app

My other car is running 40.3, so that makes sense. Our FSD car has consistently received software updates earlier than my non-FSD car.

The feature is not that important to me because I have a WIFI enabled garage door opener that I can open and close using my IPhone. But if I didn’t have this, at least I could open and close the garage door remotely if the car was in or near the garage. Other than that I can’t think of any benefit to having it.

Problem: The homelink button just says are you sure yes|no, but you can have up to 3 garage doors programmed in. So today the app opened my left garage door instead of the right (the right is the first choice in my list and it has always done the right from the app). No big deal I just walked in the other side, but what if the two garage doors I had programmed in were house/beach house? What logic is the app using to select which programmed in garage door it tries to open? Does anyone know?

Can you program Homelink to appear as a 'widget' on the screen, wherever you want it to be? Where is the button if you want to use it in manual mode? How many touches of the screen you need to access it? Just curious. By the way, if you want to use your existing remove, tape it to the back (below) of the screen, and it'd be invisible, and super easy to reach :). I'm probably going to do that, as we're not interested in auto operation anyway.

For the folks that have purchased this from Tesla, was it worthwhile? Would you do it again? I'm contemplating buying this, but would like to know if those who currently own it are pleased. Let me know!
I don’t use the automatic opening/closing at all. Never will due to the fact that it really just “toggles” and doesn’t know if the door is already up or down.

I do prefer the built in method over the portable opener for secure reasons. If my car is in the drive and someone smashes the window they cannot access the garage easily.