Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla House / trailer home / travel trailer / RV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you seen some of the artist’s impressions of a possible Semi-based RV? One such:

52632518408_0343cf6412_z.jpg

Before you laugh, I just went to the Prevost website and they have a 2011 model listed at $925,000 (!). Though absurdly rich for our tastes - and finances - there clearly is a market for some such things out there. It seems inevitable that if and when the Semi is available to the market at large, someone will step up and go down this road.

Reactions: winfield100
I would like a Dynamax Isata 5

I can never wrap my head around a driveable home versus a trailer. Some sort of pop-up camper that integrates over the back of a Tesla Y with the back up and integrated for power, computing, and temperature control would be perfect. You sleep in the back of the Y and have living and cooking space in the camper.

This type of "origami" camper can expand on the top and on both sides to increase the usable space, able to sleep 6 people.

• Love
Reactions: keydiver
I'm sure you are correct in regard to computers and TV, they will become more and more efficient.
But the fridge? It is a reversed heat pump and it doesn't run continuously 24/7. Why not use it for other devices? Maybe it can be used for the hot water of the dish washer and the washing machine when it's not cooling? Not so much plumping necessary and soon you got less pumps or have inefficient resistance heaters replaced.
The kitchen has an increasing no. of other energy consumption machines that could be connected/combined and in this way disrupt another well established and less innovative industrial sector.

Nice, I think Tesla will likely start with an RV and work their way up to a modular home. Makes sense to integrate all uses of heat as above. Thread here:
Tesla House / trailer home / travel trailer / RV
Each RV/home could come with its own Optimus that is trained specifically on all the equipment.
With or without a butler bot, Tesla are then equipped to disrupt the following industries:
  • Entire housing market
  • Housebuilders
  • Appliance manufacturers
  • Restaurants - Optimus makes your food
  • AirBnB
  • Hotels
  • RVs
and many more

Okay, okay, I will put away my Super Bull dreams for a couple of days...

For those interested in a standalone HVAC - see here:
Tesla heat pump / HVAC (non auto)

Reactions: Christine69420