Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA -- Idea for Improved "Fleet Learning" Coverage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If, as Tesla says -- cars send useful information back to Tesla -- there just HAS to be roads that are not getting enough attention.

Perhaps Tesla could put premiums on roads on which they need cars to travel a few times. Like Waze did (and may still do.) Put little icons on roads you want to have covered. Or make them a distinct color on the map.

Enthusiastic owners would often HAPPILY go out of their way somewhat to assist.

And perhaps, like Waze, Tesla could award points for driving over such roads. Make a game of it.

And perhaps Tesla could convert a sufficient number of points to free kWh at a SuperCharger.

This idea strikes me as a gem, and I offer it to Tesla free of charge, just like the kWh I hope to accumulate if the idea is put to good use. ;-)

Reactions: TI Sailor and R0b_
That's a good idea — good enough that Tesla has probably already thought of it. ;)

Waze and google also have mechanisms to crowdsource individual corrections to their maps. Each correction is subject to review, so it isn't trivial to introduce corrections that are really your own deliberate errors. Maybe someday we'll see something like that from Tesla, too.

Reactions: JHWJR