Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance Live in VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's really difficult to compare person to person without knowing coverages, deductibles, age, number of household drivers, miles driven per year, etc. I have Tesla Insurance here in TX and an apples to apples comparison to Geico and Progressive for me was much cheaper with Tesla Insurance. I'm talking $150/mo vs $70/mo cheaper with a 90 safety score. Could get cheaper the more you increase your score. But since it varies so greatly, it'd be best for you to just shop around and get quotes for an accurate comparison.

Upvote 0
I live in Virginia and cannot get a quote through the app. I even reinstalled the app, cleared cache, cleared data. Has anyone ran into this issue? Tesla rep did not know how to help me. Suggested I wait for a fix.

My MYLR is in delivery for April 30th, so I do have time.
In pre-delivery -> Continue -> Insurance -> View (It shows Geico right now) -> Get Tesla Insurance Quote -> Opens tesla.com/insurance -> Get Insurance -> Redirects to App -> Get Tesla Insurance Quote. And we loop... :confused:

Upvote 0
I live in Virginia and cannot get a quote through the app. I even reinstalled the app, cleared cache, cleared data. Has anyone ran into this issue? Tesla rep did not know how to help me. Suggested I wait for a fix.

In pre-delivery -> Continue -> Insurance -> View (It shows Geico right now) -> Get Tesla Insurance Quote -> Opens tesla.com/insurance -> Get Insurance -> Redirects to App -> Get Tesla Insurance Quote. And we loop... :confused:
Unless something has changed I don't believe you can get a quote through the Tesla app. I had to log into my Tesla account on a computer to get a quote. Tesla Insurance is also a different phone number than regular Tesla Support.

Upvote 0
Unless something has changed I don't believe you can get a quote through the Tesla app. I had to log into my Tesla account on a computer to get a quote. Tesla Insurance is also a different phone number than regular Tesla Support.
Insurance | Tesla has a "Get Insurance" button that redirects to the app store.
"Sign up through the Tesla app and get insurance that rewards you for safe driving behavior."

Upvote 0
Insurance | Tesla has a "Get Insurance" button that redirects to the app store.
"Sign up through the Tesla app and get insurance that rewards you for safe driving behavior."
Maybe its a little different for me since I already have Tesla Insurance, but I see where you're pointing to under Delivery Tasks. When it initially pointed me to the App Store, the app had an Update button that I promptly applied. Since then, it now redirects me to Account in my Tesla app where I have an option for Insurance (which is an option I've had in previous app versions as well). Have you tried logging into your Tesla account via a computer to see if you can get a quote that way?

Upvote 0

I think you have to wait until you have a VIN number to tie it to.

Reactions: 101dals
Upvote 0
The other wrench is when your homeowners insurance and, say, another car are bundled and you have lots of years worth of discounts. Not sure they could match State Farm's price. I am also leery of having my driving monitored (though I got into the beta program fairly quickly). There are a lot of unfair dings with their safety score.

If I used their insurance, all my other insurance costs would increase.

Reactions: scsmx
Upvote 0

Yeah I have VIN. Got it 4/14. Delivery scheduled on 4/18 for 4/30. I got stuck in the loop with VIN on app. Android here. Last resort is to use a friend's iPhone.

I logged into Tesla on computer, went to Tesla insurance desktop site, and even on a computer it redirects me to install phone app. I have a week till scheduled delivery, so I'll just be patient and wait for a fix. I think I have tried everything on phone app, computer site, phone web browser site, and a combination of them. Nothing works. A few of my coworkers are in the same boat.

I have Geico right now. They fixed my small windshield crack for free and no deductible. Arlington, VA has construction on every block. Does Tesla Insurance offer that? All I got from there site is:
As part of your Comprehensive (other than Collision) coverage, Tesla provides you with glass coverage for the repair or replacement of any damaged glass, including the windshield, side windows and rear window.
Once I get a quote I will post it here. Already compared a few. In order of cheapest first with same coverage: Progressive, Geico, and then Statefarm. Last time Geico matched Progressive thought YMMV.

Upvote 0
...I logged into Tesla on computer, went to Tesla insurance desktop site, and even on a computer it redirects me to install phone app. I have a week till scheduled delivery, so I'll just be patient and wait for a fix. I think I have tried everything on phone app, computer site, phone web browser site, and a combination of them. Nothing works. A few of my coworkers are in the same boat...
Yeah they definitely changed everything. I just realized I can't access my Tesla Insurance account from a computer now either, they're forcing you to do everything through the app now.

Reactions: emonda
Upvote 0
I had to call tesla insurance at 844-34-tesla. she manually added my quote, and a minute later it showed up after clicking my profile in the top right -> Get Tesla Insurance. If you do not see it through profile (top right), just call them and save some headache. My coworkers in the same boat got an update yesterday, which resolved their "get quote" issue.
Going to blame my phone. i have the samsung fold 3. the google play store does give me this warning: “this app may not be optimized for your device.”

$103.03/month, ~ $1240/year. $100K/$300K. $1k deductible. $1350 rental. 2022 MYLR. 24 years old. 9-12k miles. no traffic problems last 3 years. coverage is adjustable through the app.
Geico quoted me $1300/6 month WITH LESS coverage. $50k/$100k. $1k deductible. $900 rental

Upvote 0